Mumbai, August 16 : Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday unveiled Rolling stock model of Metro-3 which would be operational in Colaba-Bandra-SEPZ corridor. The unveiling ceremony was held at Varsha, the official bungalow of Chief Minister.
This line on Metro-3 route has been named as Aqua Line. MMRC managing director Ashwini Bhide, project director Subodhkumar Gupta, director Ajaykumar Bhatt were present on the occasion.
The work for design and construction of the Metro rail and its bogies has been given by MMRC to Alstrom Transport India Limited. The Sri City Factory of Alstrom India would be starting actual manufacturing in November this year and first train is expected to arrive to Mumbai within one year.
The MMRC officers and employees have collected Rs. 4 lakh towards Chief Minister’s fund and a cheque of this amount was handed over to Chief Minister by MMRC MD Ashwini Bhide.
Features of this Metro Rail
- Fully air-conditioned coaches with humidity controlling systems and safe as well as comfortable
- LCD screen provision for information, advertisements and entertainment
- Digital map showing the route
- Announcement system for easy alighting of Commuters
- Comfortable sittings and handles for the standing commuters
- Special seats for differently abled along with arrangements for wheel chairs
- Clean and fresh air passage
- CCTV for each coach, smoke detector for fighting fire and system for emergency communication with control room during an untoward incident.