- ticket title
- 8th INDO- MALDIVES joint Exercise Ekuverin begins in Belgaum
- पटरियों पर अतिक्रमण से मालधक्का की गतिविधियां रुकी
- Skillsoft Launches Skillsoft Off the Shelf—A Book Club for Modern Business Learners
- ASCI welcomes Ministry of Information & Broadcasting’s (MIB) recent advisory on airing of condom advertisements between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Mindset change is required for Predictive Maintenance
Pune – The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has decided not to allow students write examinations if they do not have 75 % attendance. Action has been taken to stop ten students from Marathi department as they didn’t met the attendance criteria.
There is a fear that many students will not appear for exams this time after introduction of 75% attendance rules. In the meantime, action has been taken against the students of Marathi department. Many students will not be able to sit for the exams after the other departments start taking up the action.
This has created a big embarrassment for the students. 75 percent attendance of students studying in third semester is not filled in Marathi department and hence they have been prohibited from giving paper.
The action was taken on the recommendation pro vice chancellor Dr N S Umraani committee.The students said that if the authorities had to take action, they should have announced before the examination and not after one test is completed.
With the sudden change in rules, the students have suffered mental distress.