Chinchwad (Pune), July 25, 2019 : Global Parents Association has urged all the parents of GIIS and other nearby schools to join hands against injustice and autocratic behaviour of schools in Pimpri-Chinchwad.
The parents will gather at Ramkrishna More Auditorium Chinchwad on Sunday, 28th July, at 9 am. The parents said that their fight to Justice is through peace, network & unity. Together & United, we can build a better future for our children, society and our country, they said.
On July 22, Hundreds of parents had gathered outside the Global Indian International School (GIIS) in Chinchwad to protest against the management’s decision to change the name of the school as Elpro International School, as the school lost international affiliation. The campus is located in Shridharnagar locality of Chinchwad.
Police had to be called to control the situation as the school management was nowhere to be seen. Many parents took to social media to update about the situation. The parents said that they paid lakhs of rupees to get admission in the school as GIIS is international brand, having schools in various countries. The parents believe that the move will impact career of students as it is being done in the middle of academic session.
Dr Amrita Vohra, school principal, said, “We appreciate the concerns that some parents have had on the developments over the last few days. Whilst we have been a franchisee school of GIIS since 2011 we have over the years independently established this school, benchmarking it as a premium institution.The board affiliation, the curriculum, the leadership, the teaching staff and the school policies will remain unchanged. While any change can be challenging we are confident that our efforts and initiatives will allow us to improve the scholastic experience and allow us to further invest on the infrastructure to continue to make this the award winning school that we are. We are excited about our new performing arts theatre, new sports arena and our commitment to embed technology and sciences in whatever we do. We will continue to communicate with with all our stakeholders in the coming days and weeks.”
The principal’s message to parents stated the following points :
1. The CBSE affiliation stands valid for the school and the process of name change will be completed in due course of time and will be intimated to you.
2. All the faculty and administrative staff are connected to this campus and will remain the same
3. The communication platform will be moved to Edusprint App and hence it is requested that this App is downloaded at the earliest.
4. The caution money of Rs 20,000/- that you had deposited with this campus remains with this school and will be refunded when your ward graduates of Class XII or when you apply for the Transfer Certificate.
5. The school fee is for the experience that is generated for a learner and the same will remain the same
6. The things that shall change are
1. School Name and Logo- Elpro International School
2. Uniform & ID cards
3. Medium of Communication- ERP
4. Email IDs
7. The things that remain specific to this campus are
1. CBSE Affiliation and registration for Board exams.
2. Leadership- Dr Amrita Vohra- Principal
3. Teaching Faculty
4. Administrative and Support Staff
5. Staff phone numbers
6. Security and Safety measures
7. Transport Facility management
8. Housekeeping and Operations services
9. Admission procedure & policy
10. Fee and Fee Policy
11. Caution Money of Rs 20,000 remains with the school
12. Post Dated Cheques for school fee issued in the name of GIIS remain valid
13. School policies & Code of conduct
14. Books and curriculum
15. Awards and Recognitions received by the school
16. Teaching methodology
17. Academic support programs
18. Individual development plans for students (IDPs)
19. Effective communication through emails, mobile app, newsletter, e-diaries, school
annual dossier- Odyssey, Social Media etc
20. Rewards and recognition for students
21. Practice assessments and worksheets
22. Remedial and support measure for students
23. STEM learning
24. Artificial intelligence, EFK, Robotics
25. Events and Activities like MUN, World Scholar’s Cup, Student led Conferences,
Fiesta Fantasia, Melange, Yashaswi, Concerts, Sports Day, Lecture Series
26. After school activities
27. Hobby Clubs
28. Career Counselling partnership with Univariety
29. Life skills with School Cinema
30. MUN expertise with SkillSphere
31. Community service partnership with Goonj, Sneh Foundation & STOP SARAM
32. Infrastructural support and developments at Chinchwad campus- labs,
Auditorium, Sports field
33. Exposure to practical learning by way of field trips, lab activities, industrial visits.