For the first time an International Rail Coach Expo (IRCE) to focus on Rail Coaches and train sets, is being held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, from 17th to 19th May, 2018, in the ICF RPF Parade Grounds, Chennai.Many reputed rail car and equipment builders will be showcasing their technology and products. It will be a unique platform to bring different suppliers under one roof and create synergy for “Make in India”.
The expo is being hosted by Integral Coach Factory, popularly known as ICF, under the Ministry of Railways, in coordination with CII (Confederation of Indian Industries) and RITES Ltd. a PSU under Ministry of Railways with the following features:-
- Exclusive Rail Coach and train sets for display for the first time in India
- 100+ exhibitors from 10+ countries
- Conferences/seminars on specialized subjects on Rail Coach and Train sets
- Key brands from rail coach and train sets will be displaying products focusing on innovation and future technologies
- Exclusive platform to meet and interact with the decision makers and senior officials of ICF and other Indian Railway production units
- Display of Rolling Stock designs viz. train sets for 160 kmph
- Display of Rolling stock designs including interiors, passenger amenities and other comfort features
- Development of Rolling Stock including emerging technologies in manufacture of train coaches with Stainless Steel, Aluminium Car body and others
- The development of High Speed Trains and the options available for Indian Railways
The IRCE will be inaugurated on 17th May, 2018, at 10.00 hrs and will be open from 10.00 hrs. to 18.00 hrs. for 3 days viz. 17thto 19th May, 2018. The inaugural function will be attended by Hon’ble Governor of Tamil Nadu, Minister of State of Railways, Minister for Industries Tamil Nadu, Chairman Railway Board, Railway Board Members, GMs and other HODs from all Indian Railways.
The expo will be of interest for train enthusiasts, railway suppliers, designers, developers, and general public. The Expo will be open for public viewing between 15.00 hrs. to 18.00 hrs. on 17th and 18thMay, 2018.