- ticket title
- 8th INDO- MALDIVES joint Exercise Ekuverin begins in Belgaum
- पटरियों पर अतिक्रमण से मालधक्का की गतिविधियां रुकी
- Skillsoft Launches Skillsoft Off the Shelf—A Book Club for Modern Business Learners
- ASCI welcomes Ministry of Information & Broadcasting’s (MIB) recent advisory on airing of condom advertisements between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Mindset change is required for Predictive Maintenance
Self-defence, as the name suggests, prepares you to protect yourself from being into an unwanted or abusive situation or to come out safely when you fall into any such situation.
Self-defence has various steps-
- Which starts from “being alert” while you are alone or traveling
- “Understanding and evaluating the situation” which could be eave teasing, staking or simple staring
- “Acting mindfully” in response to these first signs of attack.
- “Confronting (if required) the situation”, in the way you come out safe from the situation.
- “Grappling/ fighting (if required)”, it could be a defend or an attack to save yourself.
- And most importantly an “escape” to save your life.
Grappling or fighting is one of the last part of the self-defence and should be used only if required to save your life. But before we learn grappling of fighting, number of things should be learnt and understood to make ourselves safe in day to day living.
Here we give you few tips which you could remember while you are alone or traveling.
- If you are alone in the lift, press all the buttons up to your destination. No one will dare to attack you in the lift which stops on every floor.
- If a stranger tries to attack you when you are alone in your house, run into the kitchen. Experts says, you only know where the knives, forks, plates, chilli powder etc. is kept. All these can be turned into deadly weapons at the time of need.
- Shout! Use voice modulation as a weapon. Remember that noise is the greatest enemy of the molester. He does not want to be caught.
- If you are taking an auto or taxi at night, before entering it note down its registration number. Then use your mobile to call and pass this number to your family or friend. Also, talk in front of the driver to ensure that the driver is aware about his details being transferred to somebody.
- Even if no body picks up your call, pretend as you are into a conversation. The driver should know that his details are with someone and he could be in a serious trouble if he tries to harm you.
- If a driver takes you to a path, he is not supposed to, and you feel that you are entering a danger zone. Use the string of your purse or your stole to wrap around his neck and pull him back. Within seconds he will feel choked and helpless.
- In case you do not have a stole or a purse, just pull him back by his collar. The top button of his shirt would then do the same trick.
- If you know that you are stalked, enter a nearby shop or a house. Stay their till you feel safe again. If it is night and shops are not open, go inside an ATM box. ATMs always have security guards and close circuit televisions. The attacker wont attack you when he knows that he is watched.
- Never accept eatables or drinks from a stranger in public places like discoes, parties etc. Even if you buy a bottle of juice, water or soft drink from any store and you find it is open then do not purchase it, it may contain some toxic substance to make you unconscious or harm you.
- Make sure you have an SOS key on your phone. If you feel any unwanted activity around you which makes you feel uncomfortable or fearful, Use your phone in a way that on the click of a single button of your phone, your brother, husband, father or authority can get a signal in the form of an alarm.
- A scooter or a car key could also be used as a potent weapon if used in a proper manner. Keep a pepper spray with you, it has saved many lives.
- Walk confidently and fully conscious while you are traveling. Avoid using phone for longer period, while you are traveling. As the attacker attacks a target which looks weak and lost.
Being mentally alert is the best weapon you can have; the attacker always plans the attack before he attacks you. If you stay alert you can recognise the early signs of attack and avoid a fatal situation in future.
Stay strong, Stay confident, Empower yourself and Stay safe.