Pune : Uber Eats, which is now available across more than 500+ cities globally, today released the India chapter of The Eats Cravings Report 2019, a snapshot of India’s favorite cravings and the most popular binge worthy dishes.
Conducted between the period of January to May 2019, Uber Eats’ order analysis reveals that ‘Extra Sauce’ topped the charts as the most popular food delivery request, followed by ‘Spicy’ and ‘Extra Onions’. While Indians are big dippers, the western cities of Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Surat ordered the highest number of ‘Jain’ dishes. In the Southern cities of Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam, ‘Onions’ were a popular craving!
India’s Top 10 food requests:
|No Onion, no Garlic|
|Extra Onions and Lemon|
The Most Popular Delivery Requests by State
|Jain Meal||Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Surat|
|Extra Sauce||Amritsar, Bhopal, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Kochi, Indore, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Dehradun, Udaipur, Thrissur, Bhubaneshwar, Amritsar, Mangalore, Kanpur, Ludhiana, Vadodara, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Lucknow, Thiruvananthapuram, Nashik, Madurai , Nagpur, Jaipur, Puducherry, Guwahati|
|No onion, no garlic||Jodhpur|
|Extra Onions||Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Visakhapatnam|
The Summer Beverage Binge: Interestingly, Mumbai clocked in the highest number of orders for Lassi. The order analysis revealed that Jaipur ditched it’s traditional tangy summer drink of Jal Jeera for a chilled cup of Cold Coffee, while Pune opted for a good old cup of Chai/hot tea! Chennai kept it healthy with a refreshing glass of watermelon juice. Oreo Shake, the ultimate millennial craving topped beverage charts across Mangalore.
Desserts, yes please: The in-depth findings also provide insight into some of the most widely received requests for sugar cravings across cities. Indians ordered Gulam Jamun to satiate their sweet tooth, followed by ice cream and Ras Malai. Take a look at the top 5 city-wise dessert cravings of India:
|City||Top dessert cravings of India|
|Nashik||Pineapple Ice cream|
India’s top most food cravings report:
- Among chocolate lovers, Indians binged on Chocolate milkshake the most with close competition from Hot Chocolate Sundaes and Death By Chocolate Pastries
- India’s two-minute fix: Bengalureans ordered the most maggis to satiate their midnight cravings, followed by Ahmedabad and Jaipur
- Hello Summer, Hello Ice creams: Uber Eats’ analysis revealed that every city has its own personal favorite flavor – Bengalureans stay true to their roots with the highest number of Tender Coconut ice-cream, while Mumbaikars beat the heat with Strawberry ice-cream. Belgian chocolate satiated palates for Delhiites, while Mango was the most popular flavor in Pune
- Great Indian Snack: Chaat was the most popular craving in Pune, followed by Jaipur
- Chicken biryani topped India’s late night cravings from 11:00 PM – 1:00 PM, followed by Chicken Fried Rice and Mutton Biryani
|Chicken Biryani||Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata|
|Classic Maggi||Bengaluru, Ahmedbabad, Jaipur, Chennai and Pune|
So now we know that Indians love their Biryani extra spicy, their Pizza extra saucy and cheesy, piping hot dosas with a mouthful of flavorful chutney, chicken starters with a big dip of mayonnaise, burgers without a bite of tomatoes, pav bhaji strictly without any onions or garlic and well, coffee with no sugar! No matter what your cravings are, Uber Eats will deliver your order the way you want it.