Pune Dabholkar Murder: ANS to Approach Supreme Court Against Andure’s Bail by High Court

Dabholkar
Share this News:

Pune, 18th August 2026: The Bombay High Court has granted bail to Sachin Andure, an accused in the murder of rationalist Dr Narendra Dabholkar, and stayed his life imprisonment sentence. The Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti (ANS) on Tuesday said it would challenge the decision before the Supreme Court.

“We still have faith in the judiciary. Once we receive a copy of the Bombay High Court’s order, we will study it and approach the Supreme Court,” said ANS state executive committee members Milind Deshmukh, advocate Shripal Lalwani and Nandini Jadhav at a press conference. Activists Dattatray Jadhav and Nagesh Kawade were also present.

Deshmukh said three other accused in the Dabholkar murder case had earlier been acquitted for lack of sufficient evidence and proceedings against those acquittals were pending before the High Court. He added that ANS had also approached the Supreme Court challenging bail granted to accused Sharad Kalaskar.

“The fight will continue until justice is delivered to Dr Narendra Dabholkar. ANS has consistently pursued the matter. Now that the Bombay High Court has granted bail to the accused, we will study the order once we receive a copy and approach the Supreme Court,” Deshmukh said.