Pune: May 3, 2021: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued a notification regarding criterion for promoting the class 10th students. CBSE had cancelled the examinations for class 10th owing to rising number of Covid-19 cases across the country.
Results are expected to be declared on June 20.
CBSE conducts 100 marks examination of which 80 marks is for written while 20 marks are for internal.
Assessment this year
Considering the academic year 2020-21 being Covid -19 year, CBSE decided to change the assessment pattern for this year. “The assessment will be done for 100 marks as usual. However, the schools have to assess the students according to the prelim conducted and the tests conducted throughout the year. Schools have to give 80 mark assessment which need to be submitted by June 11”, said CBSE examination coordinator Sayam Bhardwaj.
The results will be declared on June 20.
Special features of the assessment
• Assessment will be done on the tests conducted throughout the year
• Every school will appoint a committee for assessment
• To keep an eye on the school overall result, last three year’s average will be taken into consideration
• If a student has failed to appear for the tests throughout the year conducted by the school, s/he will be assessed through a telephonic call
• This year there will be no revaluation, photocopy of the paper, re-checking of the papers
Members in School assessment committee
• Committee will be consists of seven members
• It will have teachers from Mathematics, Social Science, Science and two languages subjects
• Two members will be from other school
• Unit tests: 10 marks
• Term end: 30 marks
• Practice exam: 40 marks