5 November 2019, Pune- Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Central Railway intensified the campaign against touts to counter the menace of touting of Railway reservation tickets.
On 4.11.2019 the RPF teams conducted raids at different locations especially in the premises of private travel agencies on Central Railway resulting in apprehension of the persons involved and confiscating 380 E-tickets worth Rs 11.60 lakh with other materials used for E-tickets. A case has been registered against them under section 143 of Railways Act.
· The Mumbai Divisional Anti-tout team conducted raid at ‘S B Tours and Travels’, Pantnagar, Ghatkopar and apprehended Pradeep Gangwani & Mohd. Iqbal Basik Ali Khan, both residents of Ghatkopar with 199 nos. live E-tickets valued Rs 8,01,134/- and 100 nos. expired journey E-tickets valued Rs 2,02,896/- and confiscated one mobile, 5 nos. CPU and one Diary for using E-rail reservation tickets.
· The Miraj RPF staff conducted a raid at ‘Kalasagar Tour & Travels’, Palus, Dist.-Sangli, and apprehended Sani Sugriv Buchade, resident of Palus, Dist. Sangli with 12 nos. live E-tickets valued Rs 16,765/- and one Laptop.
· The RPF staff of Dehu Road, station conducted raid at ‘Patil Enterprises’, Sambhajinagar, Chinchwad, Pune and apprehended Somnath Patil, resident of Chinchwad, Pune with 6 nos. live E-tickets valued Rs 10,860/- and 12 nos. used E-tickets valued Rs 26,125/- and one CPU.
· The Crime Intelligence Branch of RPF, Pune conducted raid at ‘Easy Tours’, Mahadev Nagar, Pune and apprehended Hanumant Nagnath Shendge, resident of Kolowadi, Dist.-Pune with 7 nos. live E-tickets valued Rs 8905/- .
· The RPF staff of Pune conducted raid at ‘M K Mobile & Electronics’, Kondhwa, Pune and apprehended Sarfaraj Mansur Ali Ahmed, resident of Kondwana with 6 nos. live E-tickets valued Rs 12,743/- and 3 nos. used E-tickets valued Rs 6,186 and a CPU.
· The Crime Intelligence Branch of RPF, Nagpur conducted raid at ‘P P Enterprises’, Khapri, Nagpur and apprehended Parag Mukund Vaaindeshkar, resident of Nagpur with 2 live E-tickets valued Rs 9,854/- and 11 nos. used e-tickets valued Rs 26,235/- and a CPU with printer , mobile valued Rs 52,000/-.
· The Pune RPF staff conducted a raid at ‘Yash Gift Shop’, Market Yard, Pune and apprehended Ramesh Kumar Pukhrajji Jangid, resident of Pune with 2 nos. live E-tickets valued Rs 4,681/- and 20 nos. used E-tickets valued Rs 33,511/-