Pune, August 10, 2020: Dinkache Ladoo (the sweet ladoos made of edible gum) are something that take every Maharashtrian on a trip down the memory lane to their childhoods. A hit amongst mothers who want to give their children something tasty as well as healthy as a snack, these ladoos are still very popular in Marathi households.
These nutritious melt-in-the-mouth ladoos are very delicious, and can be eaten along with a glass of warm milk as breakfast during winters. Kids can also take them to school in their snacks boxes for recess. They are a healthy snack option for adults as well. These ladoos have a good shelf life, and can be stored at room temperature for about a month. Here is how you can make this deliciously rich and healthy snack.
½ kg Dates Powder (preferably Black dates)
½ kg Grated or Ground Dry Coconut
½ kg Jaggery
400gm Pure Ghee
100gm Edible Gum (Gond/Dinka)
100gm Haliv (Garden Cress seeds)
1. Deep fry edible gum (dinka) in pure ghee. On cooling, grind it to a fine powder using a grinder and keep it aside.
2. Shallow roast cashew and almonds on low to medium flame for about 3-5 minutes. On cooling grind it to powder.
3. Grate the jaggery into small pieces in a bowl.
4. Take 400 gms of ghee in a big utensil and heat it, put the Haliv in the heated ghee and stir it for 2 minutes.
5. Now add the jaggery to it, and once the jaggery melts, put off the heat. Then
add the dates powder, coconut powder, ground edible gum, cashew and
almond powder, and mix it well.
6. Blend all ingredients to mix well.
7. Now your Ladoo mixture is ready. Let the mixture cool down slightly. Check by taking a handful of mixture in your palms, if you are able to bind the ladoos and roll between the palms to give a round shape. The mixture should be slightly warm while you bind the ladoos.
And voila, the healthy Dinkache Ladoo are ready. Store them in a container when they cool down fully, and you can eat them for around a month.