Pune, 13th December 2021: Two new cases have found to be infected with Omicron, according to a report released today by the National Institute of Virology, 1 from Latur & 1 from Pune.As of today, total 20 cases of Omicron Variant have been reported in the Maharashtra. (Mumbai -5, PCMC – 10, Kalyan Dombivali -1, PMC -2, Nagpur -1, Latur -1). Out of these, 9 cases have been discharged after negative RT PCR test.
Information of 2 patients diagnosed with Omicron today –
- Symptoms – Both are asymptomatic cases
- Pune Case – 39 Year old Female. Latur case – 33 year old male.
- Currently in isolation facilities.
- Travel History to Dubai.
- 3 close contacts of both these patients have been traced. All are found negative.
- Both are fully vaccinated
The details of international passengers arriving at Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur airports from 1st December till today morning and their testing are as follows:
Additionally, field surveillance of all international passengers who have arrived since 1st November is underway. Through airport and field surveillance, 107 samples have been sent for genomic sequencing. Results of 20 are awaited so far.
To Download PEO Privilege App click on this link https://t6kq7.app.goo.gl/zpka