Pune: Girl Student Kidnapped For Ransom Murdered By Accused, College Friend Among 3 Arrested

Share this News:

Mubarak Ansari

Viman Nagar, 8th April 2024: A 22-year-old girl, Bhagyashri Suryakant Sude, studying engineering in Pune, was found murdered after vanishing on the evening of March 30. The investigation unveiled a chilling plot involving three individuals, one of whom was her college mate.

Hailing from Harangul village in Maharashtra’s Latur district, Bhagyashri was a student pursuing B.E. Computers third year at G H Raisoni College in Wagholi. She lived in a hostel in Viman Nagar.

On the fateful night of March 30, she ventured to Phoenix Mall in Viman Nagar around 8.30 pm but failed to return, prompting concern from her family. Despite frantic attempts to contact her, she remained unreachable. Distraught, her parents came to Pune and promptly filed a missing person report at the Vimantal police station, Pune City Police.

The situation took a horrifying turn when Bhagyashree’s mother began receiving extortion calls demanding a ransom of Rs 9 lakh for her daughter’s safe return. Responding swiftly, authorities launched an investigation, spearheaded by Senior Police Inspector Anand Khobre, into the suspected kidnapping and extortion.

A breakthrough emerged as police traced a financial transaction linked to the victim’s bank account. Her parents had transferred Rs 50,000. Subsequently, three suspects—Shivam Fulwale, Sagar Jadhav, and Suresh Indure, all in their twenties—were apprehended.

Pune Police Commissioner Amitesh Kumar confirmed the arrest, shedding light on the gruesome truth: the trio had executed the murder on the very night of Bhagyashree’s disappearance before coercing her parents for ransom.

Prime Academy admission 2026

DCP (Zone 4) Vijaykumar Magar elaborated on the suspects’ motive, attributing their heinous act to financial woes. Allegedly facing dire financial straits, they resorted to kidnapping Bhagyashree in a bid to extort money from her family. Their modus operandi entailed luring her into a car from the Phoenix Mall vicinity before suffocating her to death in the car.

The perpetrators, callously exploiting her cell phone, orchestrated the ransom demand, asking her parents to transfer the funds into her bank account. Meanwhile, they disposed of her remains, burying her in a remote location in Supa Village, Ahmednagar district.

Further investigation is going on.