Pune, November 19, 2020: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has allowed schools to reopen for Std IX to XII in Pune from November 23. The civic body has released the standard operating procedure (SOP) required to be followed by the schools to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID19).
As per the order issued by the PMC Commissioner Vikram Kumar, the schools along with hostels and Ashram Shala will also be allowed to reopen. The school and hostel administration will have to follow the guidelines issued by the Maharashtra government’s school education and sports department.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed by schools:
The consent of the parents is necessary for students to attend school. The attendance of a student is not compulsory in schools. Parent-teacher meeting should be held online. Teachers have to get a negative COVID report after the RTPCR test at the nearest government facility between November 17 and 22.
Only 50 percent of students should be called to attend classes physically, rest 50 percent can attend online class (then can physically attend class on the next day/alternate days). Schools should call students to schools for only Mathematics, Science and English classes. Only one student is allowed to sit on one bench with his/her name on it. The physical classes cannot be held for more than 3-4 hours. There should not be lunch/recess breaks. There should not be any activity which will lead to a gathering like sports, prayers etc.
If any student has opted for only online classes, he/she should be provided with the facility.
- Providing facilities for hand washing in schools
- Sanitisation of door latch, bench, desk, table, chair is mandatory
- Disinfectant, sanitizer, soap, water availability
- Sanitisation of toilets regularly should be practiced
- Clean drinking water for students should be provided
- Encourage students to bring water bottles
- Sanitisation of classrooms before and after classes is compulsory
- All teachers, staff, students have to wear masks. Make sure students do not exchange masks
- Thermal screening of teachers, staff and students should be done regularly
- Except teachers, students and staff, nobody should be allowed entry in schools
- If students are not following the instructions then the staff must inform their parents
- Parents should try to drop and pick up their children in their own vehicles
- School vans should be sanitized atleast twice a day (before children board it and after they alight from the vans)
- Driver and conductor must maintain a social distance of atleast 6 feet from students
- Removing curtains from windows of cars ans buses is mandatory
- AC vehicles must maintain a temperature of 24 to 30 degrees
- Keeping hand sanitizer in vans is compulsory
Headmistress should ensure not more than four students gather at a place
- There should be gap of 10 minutes between the start and end of different classes so that there is no crowding
- If any family member is having cough, cold, fever, then the parents should be asked not to send the student to school
- The practical sessions should be allowed in small groups so that there is no crowding
- Students should not exchange pen, pencil, rubber, notebook, textbook, water bottle etc
- If any student has opted for online classes, then he/she should be provided with the facility
If COVID19 symptoms are observed: Teacher, student or staff should be taken to a separate room if they are found with COVID-19 symptoms. The health department/hospital should be immediately informed.
Counselling facility: If any student, teacher, staff seeks counselling, then there should be a facility in the school.