Mumbai, January 19, 2018: Building on the Impact Design philosophy launched in 2016, Tata Motors Design proudly launches the second phase of its exciting design philosophy in the 150th anniversary year of the Tata Group. Impact Design 2.0 builds on the multi-award-winning Impact Design philosophy, under which the Tiago, Hexa, Tigor and Nexon were created and launched. These cars have received critical acclaim from customers and automotive experts.
Impact Design 2.0 is a sharper, more contemporary expression of the now recognisable Tata Motors’ Design language, which captures the attention of the viewer in the first few seconds. It is recognisable, memorable and above all stunning.
The exteriors are defined by segment leading wheel sizes which will give the car a stance like no other. The strong proportions give the cars incredible road presence. The details will further strengthen and will reflect India-Global Design inspiration. The body colours will ensure a striking appearance in every light condition.
The interior design will be clean, clutter free, and will be a blend of a great balance of design flourish and practicality. The interior cocoons the occupants in comfort, and ensure every function is within arms’ reach. The use of high quality materials will enhance the experience. The colour combinations will be premium and luxurious. The HMI screens will be segment leading. The user interface and graphics will be intuitive and clear.
The IMPACT DESIGN 2.0 Philosophy is refreshed under the 3 ‘Ex’ and 3 ‘In’
- Exciting Proportions
– The strong proportions of body to cabin will give the cars an incredible sense of dynamism
– Segment leading wheel sizes and strong fender volumes will create a purposeful stance and unmistakable road presence
- Expressive Surfaces
– The clean, uncluttered surfacing will give the cars a futuristic expression
– The grille blends into the lamps enhancing the width of the cars. These are underpinned by the instantly recognisable, and more 3-dimensional Humanity Line
– Dynamism and movement will be created through the slingshot line that will be highlighted by the Diamond shaped windows in side view
- Extra-ordinary Details
– The exquisite attention to detail to the exterior details strengthen and reflect our India-Global Design. The new Tri-Arrow pattern now make their appearance on the cars.
- Inviting Spaces
– The interior design is clean and elegant but with an emotional twist, balancing the practical needs of the customer with an aesthetic playfulness that draws the eyes and invites further investigation.
- Intelligent Choices
– Inspiring material choices, and discerning color combinations enhance the perception of tactile quality, reinforced by ingenious storage and accessory options, allowing the customer to cleverly configure and shape their own driving environment.
- In-Touch Interfaces
– Occupants are cocooned in ergonomic comfort, with innovative and intuitive in-car technology strategically positioning screens and controls to create an effortless driving experience, securely connected to the outside world.