Pune, 10th February 2024: In response to the ongoing construction work on flyovers and metro pillars at Savitribai Phule Pune University Chowk, which has narrowed the road width in the area, causing significant traffic congestion on surrounding roads like Ganeshkhind Road, Aundh Road, and Baner Road, the Pune City Traffic Branch has devised a temporary traffic diversion plan effective from February 10th until further notice.
1. Motorists travelling from Aundh, Sangvi, Pimpri Chinchwad, and Hinjawadi to Shivajinagar and vice versa are advised to follow the modified route:
– Take a right turn from ABIL House.
– Proceed straight via Symphony Chowk to Sai Chowk, Khadki and Dr. Ambedkar Chowk, Bopodi.
– Continue straight via Spicer Chowk to reach the desired destination via Bremen Chowk.
2. Vehicles travelling from Aundh Gaon to Shivajinagar and Pune Railway stations should:
– Take a left turn at Bremen Chowk.
– Proceed straight via Spicer Chowk, Dr Ambedkar Chowk, and Sai Chowk Khadki to reach the desired destination.
3. Right turns from Rangehills into the ABIL House roundabout are prohibited.
4. Sanganna Dhotre Path on Ganeshkhind Road remains two-way.
5. One-way traffic is allowed from Khau Galli to Om Super Market Circle on Ganeshkhind Road, and entry from Symbiosis College to Ganeshkhind Road from Khau Galli is prohibited.
Luxury Bus Route and Timing Adjustment:
In addition to the traffic diversion plan, adjustments are made to the routes and timings of luxury buses to further alleviate congestion:
– Luxury buses travelling from Sancheti Hospital Chowk, Ganeshkhind Road, University Chowk, Aundh to Pimpri Chinchwad, Hinjawadi area, and vice versa won’t be allowed from 08:00 am to 10:30 pm
– Entry of luxury buses from Pune City to Ganeshkhind Road via Sancheti Hospital Chowk will be restricted until the completion of the flyover and metro construction on Ganeshkhind Road.
Motorists are advised to use the Old Pune Mumbai Highway via Harris Bridge into Pune City or the bypass road via Katraj – Khadi Machine Chowk or via Katraj to bypass the congested areas.