Pune, 1st April 2023: A total of 151 new Coronavirus disease (COVID19) patients were reported in the Pune district (till 8 pm) out of 669 reported across Maharashtra state.
According to District Health Officer (DHO) Dr Ramchandra Hankare, out of 151 patients, 56 are from the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) area, 37 are from Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC), 4 are from municipal councils, 7 are from cantonments and 47 are from rural areas of the district.
A total of 129 patients were declared recovered today including 53 from PMC, 48 from PCMC, 2 from municipal councils, 8 from cantonments and 18 from rural areas.
There are 745 active cases out of which 28 patients are in hospitals while 717 are in home isolation.
A total of 1186 samples were tested today including 354 from PMC, 287 from PCMC, 24 from municipal councils, 26 from cantonments and 495 from rural areas.
At a glance in Maharashtra state:
• 435 patients discharged today after full recovery; Recovery rate in the state is 98.14%
• 669 new cases in the state today. As on today, there are 3,324 active cases in the state.
• No COVID-19 death reported in the state today. Case fatality rate in the state is 1.82%.
Screening of International Passengers
• On the background of international scenario of Covid-19 screening of international passengers arriving at Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur airports have been started from 24th Dec 2022.
• All passengers are being thermally scanned & 2 % random samples are taken for Covid testing. All positive samples are referred for WGS.
Besides Pune district, Mumbai city reported 189 cases, Thane Municipal Corporation reported 37 cases and 22 were detected in Navi Mumbai, 24 in Panvel municipal council, 27 in Raigad district, 21 from Satara district and 16 each from Sangli and Kolhapur and 20 from Nagpur municipal corporation.