Pune: PMRDA Demolishes 9,500-Sq-Ft Unauthorised Construction in Kadamwakvasti
Pune, 19th August 2026: The Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) on Wednesday launched action against an approximately 9,500-square-foot unauthorised construction in Kadamwakvasti, Haveli taluka, allegedly built without prior approval from the planning authority.
The demolition was carried out by PMRDA’s Unauthorised Construction Removal Department. A major portion of the structure was demolished on the first day, while the action is expected to continue for the next two days to completely remove the unauthorised construction.
According to PMRDA, the construction had been undertaken by Hemant Hadke on land bearing Gat Nos. 477 and 492 in Kadamwakvasti without obtaining prior permission from the authority. The unauthorised construction came to light during an inspection conducted by PMRDA officials.
The action was carried out on the directions of PMRDA Metropolitan Commissioner Dr Abhijit Chaudhary and under the guidance of Additional Metropolitan Commissioner K. Manjulakshmi.
The demolition team was led by Himmat Kharade, Joint Commissioner of the Unauthorised Construction Removal Department. Tehsildars Ravindra Ranjane and Asha Holkar were also part of the team.
“Citizens should not undertake any construction without obtaining approval from PMRDA. Strict legal action will continue to be taken against unauthorised constructions being carried out without permission,” said Dr Abhijit Chaudhary, Metropolitan Commissioner, PMRDA.
PMRDA said the demolition drive will continue over the next two days to ensure the complete removal of the structure.


