Pune, 23rd January 2024: Maratha leader Manoj Jarange Patil’s foot march, which arrived in Pune District today, from Ranjangaon through Koregaon Bhima, has halted at Chokhi Dhani, Kharadi. On Wednesday (January 24), the march will resume from Chokhi Dhani, Kharadi, proceeding through the boundaries of the Pimpri Chinchwad Police Commissionerate, with a scheduled stop at Lonavala.
Due to the anticipated participation of a significant number of Maratha community members accompanying the march with vehicles, there is a potential for traffic congestion along the route and surrounding areas. To ensure the smooth flow of traffic and prioritize safety in the specified region, additional modifications to the traffic arrangements have been mandated by Shashikant Borate, DCP of the Traffic Branch of the Pune Police Commissionerate.
On Wednesday, traffic will be diverted as per need and requirement at the following places at certain times
1. The traffic coming from Ahmednagar to Pune city will be diverted from the below-mentioned places as per requirement at certain times
✓ Shikrapur to Chakan – Bhosari – Pune city
✓ Lonikand to Theur Fata – Kesnand – Theur to Solapur Road
✓ Wagholi Area – Wagholi – Avalwadi – Manjari – Keshavnagar – Mundhwa to desired destination
All types of traffic coming from Ahmednagar to Pune city will be closed from Wagheshwar temple as per requirement and will be started as per requirement.
2. All types of traffic from Pune city to Ahmednagar will be diverted from the following places as per the requirement as per requirement.
✓ From Kharadi Bypass Junction take a right turn to Magarpatta Road to Solapur Road Left turn to Theur Phata Left turn to Theur Kesanand to Lonikand Ahmednagar Road
Traffic coming from Holkar Bridge and Sadal Baba Chowk Chandrama Chowk Vishrantwadi Dhanori Lohegaon Via Wagholi – Ahmednagar Road
1) Vehicles going to Ahmednagar from Kharadi Jakat Naka Chowk / Kharadi Darga Chowk / Kharadi Bypass Chowk / Chandan Nagar Chowk From Mundhwa Chowk 1) Manjari – Awhalwadi – Wagholi – Ahmednagar Road, or. 2) From Magarpatta Road Solapur Road Theur Phata to Theur Kesnand – Lonikand – Ahmednagar Road should be used.
2) Viman Nagar Chowk / Ramwadi Chowk / Shastri Nagar Chowk / Gunjan Chowk / Tarakeshwar Chowk
Vehicles going to Ahmednagar from this Chowk will be diverted to Ahmednagar Road via Chandrama Chowk, Vishrantwadi, Dhanori, Lohegaon, and Wagholi at certain times as required.
• Vehicles going to Shastri Nagar Chowk from Tarakeshwar Chowk, Parnkuti Chowk, Golf Chowk, and Badami Chowk will be diverted as per requirement, vehicles in Footmarch will be diverted from Parnkuti Chowk to Tarakeshwar Chowk as per requirement.
• From Koregaon Park Junction to Ambedkar Setu will be closed as required. There will be options to go to the desired destination from North Main Road Chowk, ABC Chowk, and Tadigutta Chowk.
3. Traffic from Shriman Chowk to Ambedkar Setu will be diverted to Koregaon Park Junction as per requirement.
4. Traffic going to Ambedkar Setu from Moboz Chowk will be diverted to Koregaon Park Junction as per requirement.
5. Traffic from IB Junction towards Mangaldas Chowk will be diverted to Circuit House Chowk as per requirement.
6. Mangaldas Road will be diverted from Blue Diamond Chowk as per requirement.
7. Traffic at Alankar Chowk, and Jahangir Chowk will be diverted at specific times as per requirement.
8. Traffic at Shaheer Amar Sheikh Chowk, RTO Chowk will be diverted at certain times as per requirement.
9. Traffic going towards Poultry Farm Chowk Shivajinagar will be diverted towards Holkar Bridge as per requirement.
10. Traffic at Eight Mula Circle, Patil Estate Chowk, RTO Chowk will be diverted at certain times as per requirement.
• Traffic at SG Barve Underpass, Shimla Office Chowk, Chaphekar Chowk (Shivajinagar), Wakdewadi, Nargis Dutt Road, Suryamukhi Dutt Mandir Chowk, Sanganna Dhotre Path, Senapati Bapat Road will be diverted as per requirement.
From 08:00 AM onwards, the entire traffic coming from Aundh and Baner Road towards Savitribai Phule Pune University – Shivajinagar will be diverted as per requirement.
• Traffic coming from Aundh Road will be diverted as necessary from Chowk Bremen Chowk to Ambedkar Chowk, Bopodi via Harris Bridge or Sai Chowk – Khadki Police Station Underpass to Old Mumbai Pune Highway.
All vehicles coming from Baner to Shivajinagar via SPPU will be diverted as per requirement.
1. From Mahabaleshwar Hotel via Baner Pashan Link Road to Sus Road, Shivaji Chowk Pashan or Suskhind via Chandni Chowk Kothrud to Pune City will be diverted as required.
2. Motorists in the Baner area will be diverted to Pune city via Shivaji Chowk – Pashan – Chandni Chowk – Kothrud by taking a right turn from Abhiman Shri Junction Baner Road to Abhiman Shri Junction Pashan Road.
3. Traffic in the area of Pashan Road will be diverted to the above route at certain times as per requirement.
Vehicles going from SPPU via Aundh via Rajiv Gandhi Bridge and Old Bridge to Sangvi will be diverted to Pashan and Baner Road as per requirement. Traffic will be diverted as necessary after leaving University Chowk. All vehicles from Bremen Chowk will be released to Pimpri Chinchwad via Ambedkar Chowk – Harris Bridge, Dapodi.