After 11 Hours, Electricity Supply Restored To Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad And Chakan Areas

electricity pune
just pune things app
Share this News:

Sumit Singh

Pune, 9th February 2022: After 11 hours of a power outage, finally electricity supply has been restored in Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad and Chakan areas. The outage affected about 25 lakh power consumers.

According to Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL), tripping occurred at five places around 4.30 am today in the tower line supplying power to the two high voltage 400 KV substations at Lonikand and Chakan. Due to this technical failure, power supply was disrupted in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad city as well as in Chakan, Wagholi, Lonikand and other rural areas. In 80 per cent of the areas, power supply was restored in phases from 8.30 am to 12 noon and in the remaining 20 per cent by 3.15 pm.

MSEDCL spokesperson Nishikant Raut told PunekarNews.in, “A total of five circuits of Lonikand to Chakan and Chakan to Talegaon tower lines were affected due to thick fog and dew. As a result, power supply to Lonikand and Chakan substations was cut off. Power supply to 189 MSEDCL sub-stations from these two substations was also disrupted. As a result, about 15 lakh 13 thousand customers in Pune city, 7 lakh 25 thousand in Pimpri Chinchwad city and about 1 lakh 80 thousand in Lonikand, Wagholi, Chakan rural areas, a total of 24 lakh 18 thousand consumers were affected.”

Meanwhile, after the power supply was disrupted, senior officials of MSEDCL and Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company (Mahatransco) carried out emergency planning. In this, the power generation at Koyna was increased and its power was supplied to the Jejuri 400 KV substation of Mahatransco. After the availability of an alternative power supply to various sub-stations of MSEDCL from Jejuri sub-station, technical measures were taken by MSEDCL to restore the power supply from 8.30 am. 

“The power supply to Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad city as well as 80 per cent of rural areas was restored till noon. In this, first of all, hospitals, water supply schemes, power supply to domestic consumers were started. Also, due to the war level repair work of Mahatransco, the repair work of two out of five circuits of the tower line was completed by 1 pm. Therefore, power supply to some of MSEDCL’s sub-stations was started from these two circuits and further effort was made to streamline the power supply in the rest of the areas”, Raut added.

In Pune city, Rastapeth, Bundgarden, Parvati, Kothrud, Nagar Road, Shivajinagar divisions power supply was started in phases till 11.30 am and in Padmavati division power supply was restored till 1 am. The power supply was started in the Pimpri division of Pimpri Chinchwad city till noon. In the Bhosari division, the power supply was restored in about 55 per cent of areas including MIDC and domestic customers till 10.15 am, while in the remaining 45 per cent, the power supply was restored at 3.30 pm. Besides, the power supply to Lonikand and Wagholi areas in rural areas was restored around 9.45 am. The power supply to the important Chakan MIDC was also restored at 12.15 pm.

Electricity Travel – Electricity generated by the power generating companies is transmitted through the high voltage tower line of the transmission company to the same company’s 400 KV, 220 KV and 132 KV high pressure substations. These high voltage substations supply power to 33 KV, 22 KV and 11 KV substations of MSEDCL and through the power lines and transformers emanating from these substations, power is supplied to all categories of household, commercial, industrial, agricultural etc.

Join Punekar News Whatsapp GroupTelegramInstagram And Twitter  For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad

पुणे, पिंपरी चिंचवड, चाकण परिसराचा वीजपुरवठा पूर्ववत

http://www.instagram.com/mycafeindia