DIIA Regional Activator Conference in Pune on 21st December 2017
Pune 18 December 2017 : Defence Innovators and Industry Association (DIIA) is organizing the DIIA Regional Activator conference in Pune on the 21st of December, 2017 at Westin ( 9am-5pm) with the theme “Building Alliance for Self-Reliance”. Eminent speakers from the industry, academia, and the government will interact with our audience – over 150 MSMEs, from in and around Pune. The conference will help Industries / Academia / Associations support to identify potential areas of Business , provide active interface opportunities, provide partnering opportunities in Indigenization Projects, Interaction Platforms with Development Agencies, Manufacturing Agencies and End Users in Defence, Networking Opportunities ,Quarterly Buyer-Seller Meets, Capability Enhancement Workshops and Technical Sessions,Online Business Directory, Regular Updates On Procurement Opportunities and Constant DIIA Secretariat Assistance. The Local representation of DIIA – WOM team initiated Roadshows in Tier II Cities like Aurangabad and Nasik with selected representatives from the Industries and Associations to promote the event.
Defence Innovators and Industry Association (DIIA) is a community of Industrialists, Innovators, Scholars and Ex-officers who are committed towards the platform of Indigenization and the goal of Self-reliance, we seek to reach out to different quarters of our country to mobilize the Industry.
DIIA is working in partnership with the Government of India to resolve the crisis of import dependence for foreign arms in the Indian defence establishment.DIIA is an association of Indian Defence Companies with the conviction that Design and Development is the fastest way to Self-Reliance in Defence. DIIA champions the view point that self-sufficiency in Defence can be achieved through government policies that pro-actively encourage indigenous R&D. It provides a platform for like-minded organizations to rally around, collaborate and co-operate to forge ahead in making ‘Design, Develop and Make by India’ a sustainable initiative. DIIA believes that indigenously designed, developed and manufactured products should be given higher preference than the products that are manufactured under ToT, whether licensed or bought-out.
With the Mission of “Make in India” the Defence & Aerospace Segment has opened up for Indian Industries. Imports that shoot up to 70% for our Defence Need, Indigenization has become the Priority in this Sector with the anticipated expenditure on Indigenous Projects amounting to INR 16 Lakh Cr. in the next 5 years.
DIIA Aims & Objectives:
· Indigenization of Defence Manufacturing – DIIA believes that indigenous design, development and manufacture in the Defence Sector, especially at the level of MSMEs, is essential to the success of Make in India. Facilitate import substitution and ensure Indigenization of 70% of the Defence manufacturing in the coming years.
· Policy Advocacy – The policy solution is shared with the Government and its various agents and agencies, across all levels. Thought products such as Reports, Policy Briefs, etc. are our tools for advocating policy change. Industry delegations and conferences are launched to allow top government functionaries to engage directly with the robust DIIA community and thought partner on solving the policy issues.
· Collaboration with Industries & Academia to provide better solutions to the Army, Navy & Airforce
· Regional Supplier Capability Mapping & MSME Integration into the Indigenization Process
· Build Collaborative Framework with Regional Associations
· Reach Tier II and Tier III Cities providing access and creating awareness about the Defence & Aerospace Sector
· Assistance in Procurement Process and DPP – 2016 Clauses