Pune, May 23, 2020: As per the Ministry of Civil Aviation directions, domestic flights for 10 destinations will be started from Pune airport beginning May 25. Due to Coronavirus outbreak lockdown, the airport will operate 30 % of the total schedules for the summer season.
As per a report published by senior journalist Sushant Ranjan in Sakal Times, flights from Pune will be available for Nashik, Nagpur, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Jaipur and Ahmedabad among others. The airport director Kuldeep Singh has been quoted for the news report. There are markings for passengers to stand in the queue. Their body temperature will be checked thermal gun before allowing entry into the terminal building. If a passenger has any symptoms (for COVID19), he/she will not be allowed entry.
These rules have to be followed by passengers during air travel :
1. All passengers will have to give information about their health either through Arogya Setu App or by filling self-declaration.
2. Passengers will have to do web-check-in as check-in counters will not be functional at airports.
3. Only passengers who have done web check-in will be given entry into the terminal.
4. Limited operations (about one-third) will be allowed on the opening day (on 25 May).
5. Only one check-in bag will be allowed to be carried and airline companies will not provide food facilities in the aircraft.
6. Elderly people who also have other health problems, pregnant women and those going through other health-related problems, have been advised not to travel by air.
7. Body temperature check will be mandatory for all passengers.
8. Passengers must arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled flight time and strictly follow the social distance rules.
9. According to the guidelines, boarding of passengers will start 60 minutes before the flight time of the aircraft and the boarding gate will be closed 20 minutes before the departure time.
10. All passengers must wear masks at the time of entry to the airport and thereafter throughout the journey. Those found symptoms of Covid-19 will not be allowed to travel.