Gas Leak Incident Claims Life of 15-Year-Old Girl in Pune

Share this News:

Pune, 5th June 2023: A devastating gas leak incident resulted in the untimely death of a 15-year-old girl who suffered severe burns. The incident occurred at a grocery store in the Kirkatwadi area of Sinhagad Road, where illegal cooking gas cylinders were being sold.

The girl, identified as Geeta Mannaram Chaudhary, passed away while undergoing treatment at Sassoon Hospital on Monday. Her father, Mannaram Chaudhary, the grocery shopkeeper, and his younger daughter are currently receiving medical care and are in critical condition.

According to authorities, the Chaudhary family was involved in the illegal sale of cooking gas cylinders at their grocery store located in Malwadi, Kirkatwadi. To facilitate this illicit operation, Chaudhary had rented a godown where gas was being transferred from larger cylinders to smaller ones. Tragically, a gas leak occurred during this unauthorized process on Thursday, June 1, resulting in a devastating fire. As a result, Chaudhary and his two daughters sustained severe injuries in the blaze. They were rushed to Sassoon Hospital for treatment, where Geeta succumbed to her injuries on Monday.

The police have confirmed that the condition of Mannaram Chaudhary and his younger daughter remains critical. Investigations into the incident are ongoing, focusing on the illegal gas filling activities that took place at the rented godown.


Also Read News In Marathi 

Join Punekar News Whatsapp GroupTelegramInstagram And Twitter  For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad

Also Read Political News On Sarkar Khabar