New Delhi, 15th June 2021: Indian Railways had stopped the operation of many trains due to the Coronavirus disease (COVID19) pandemic, but now due to decreasing cases of Covid, the Railway is resuming almost all trains on many important routes.
If you are also planning to go somewhere by train, then by reading this news you will be able to save some money while booking your train tickets. Indian Railways is giving discounts to those paying for train tickets through Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
The citizens travelling by train will get a 5% discount on the total value of the basic fare by paying the ticket through UPI. Let us tell you how you can take advantage of this offer to book train tickets cheaply:
Railway’s announcement about the offer: Announcing this offer, Indian Railways has said that it has extended the discount available on booking train tickets through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) / Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) at railway counters till June 12, 2022, next year. Indian Railways started this method of accepting payment for tickets from 1st December 2017.
Rs 50 discount will be available on booking tickets: However, rail passengers can avail of this discount by booking tickets over the counters and not by booking tickets online. Railways have decided to give a 5% discount on the total value of basic fare in PRS reserved counter tickets subject to a maximum of Rs 50. UPI/BHIM is also accepted as a payment option while booking tickets through the counter. A ticket will get a maximum discount of Rs 50 available on the tickets price of more than Rs 100.
Book tickets like this to avail discount:
• Firstly the Railway staff at the PRS counter will get all the travel details from the passenger and inform the amount to be paid.
• Thereafter the passenger has to choose the option to pay the ticket price through UPI/BHIM as the payment option therefore the person at the counter will have to select UPI as the payment option.
• After this, the passenger will get a message related to the payment on his mobile to confirm the payment.
• The passenger will have to confirm the payment message. After which the fare amount will be debited from the account linked to UPI.
• After the payment is done, the person sitting at the PRS counter will print the ticket and the passenger will receive the ticket.
Follow Punekar News: