Pune, November 19, 2020: The UPSC EPFO recruitment is a pan-India process-hiring candidate for the position of enforcement and account officer. It is one of the most reputed jobs, where the candidate would be handling various aspects of EPFO. If you are looking for a government job that not only offers a good position but a good career, then UPSC EPFO is the one to go with.
To get this prestigious job, aspirants need to undergo the entrance test. Having complete knowledge about the UPSC EPFO syllabus will help you to prepare for the exam, a gateway to a promising job.
However, before you go ahead with the exam and job, it is vital to know the meaning of the EPFO.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is the premier social security organization responsible for providing social security to India’s working class. EPFO is an entirely autonomous body run under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Job Profile and responsibilities
Aspirants who are recruited for the UPSC EPFO are appointed as the Accounts Officers and trained well to become aware of the job and other aspects of the work culture. During this probation period, the aspirant is exposed to the working structure and responsibilities underway. It is vital to have complete knowledge about the working culture and the government’s provident fund regulations. This will help in taking up the job and working confidently.
In the initial stage of the work, the aspirant is appointed in the Zonal Office, and EO is allotted the Regional Office.
● When the officer is given the charge, he/she needs to tackle the issues of the zone. Moreover, the EO’s role is to enforce various Govt Acts in the allotted area. Some of the roles include-
● Enforcing the EPFO Act 1952 in the assigned territory ensures that none of the act is violated or left unimplemented.
● There are no fixed timings. It entirely depends on the designated work and area. There will be queries essential to fulfill, either in the office or in the field.
● EO will also ensure that the activities implemented in the territory are not violated and are followed strictly. Every EO is allotted 1-2 districts, which need a proper inspection. Furthermore, the EO will ensure establishments in the territory deposits PF regularly.
● EO is responsible for resolving PF issues between employees and employers post-retirement. He/she will check about the insurance claims, pension, and full PF withdrawal. The officer is responsible for solving all the grievances of the employees and ensuring there are no issues.
● The officer will conduct regular surveys as per the requirement to assess the coverage potential to new categories.
Powers allocated under EPFO Act 1952
● Under the EPFO Act 1952, the EO is powered as an inspector for search.
● He/she is entitled to carry out a complete inspection in case of any default in the organization.
● EPFO has the power to create a temporary jail for a non-compliant person, also referred to as the local prison.
UPSC EPFO Salary and Perks
The EO enjoys a good salary, depending on the skills the individual carries. Once the probation period is over, the employee is eligible to receive the salary of Rs 43,600 to Rs 50,000/- pm. This also includes perks and allowances offered. These allowances may vary as per the official rules and other respective departments. Allowances include- DA, HRA, Transport Allowance, Medical Facility, Loan Facility, PF, Mobility Facility, and others.
Promotions in UPSC EPFO
The promotion of the officer depends on the skill and other aspects. The officer is upgraded to level 9 with the package of Rs 53000/- which can go up to Rs 1,00,000/- pm after the completion of 4 yrs. in the service.
The salary package offered and other benefits to an EPFO is promising and attracts new aspirants to take up the challenge. The ultimate goal is to have a promising career with good benefits for life–long.Follow Punekar News: