- 90 Designers and 9 sponsors to participate in Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2016
- Modern Indian Couture designer – Rohit Bal will present his collection as the Grand Finale designer
- Bollywood’s favourite designer Manish Malhotra to open the season with an offsite show
- ElektroCouture, a pioneer in bespoke electronic wearable technology to do a show for the first time in India
- 11 models to debut at Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2016; International models – Azura Skye and Smita Lasrado to walk the ramp
- 17 designers to debut this season across categories
Mumbai, 8th March 2016: India’s premier fashion and trade platform, Lakmé Fashion Week is all set to kick start its Summer/Resort edition. In its 16th year, the prestigious platform unveiled a stellar line-up of 90 participating designers and 9 sponsors, who will be showcasing their collection from the 30th March to 3rd April, 2016 at The St. Regis, Mumbai. A global platform, Lakmé Fashion Week, known for revolutionizing the fashion industry in the country, will see some of the best names from the fraternity and witness a perfect blend of upcoming trends for the season fused with high energy and creativity to set new fashion benchmarks.
A curator of Indian fashion, Lakmé Fashion Week has planned a series of initiatives to take forward the platform’s vision to a larger audience. Mirroring the global trend of fashion coming together with technology, ElektroCouture, a label based in Berlin that pioneers bespoke electronic wearable technology will make its Indian debut at LFW SR 2016. There were two rounds of Model Auditions in Mumbai and Delhi wherein 11 fresh faces were selected to walk the ramp this season. International talent will also be seen gracing the ramp, including supermodels Azura Skye and Smita Lasrado.
LOOKING THROUGH THE LENS
LAKMÉ FASHION WEEK SUMMER/RESORT 2016
v Lakmé Grand Finale
The Grand Finale show will have ace designer and craftsman Rohit Bal weave his magic on the runways. Renowned globally for his sartorial masterpieces made with meticulous detailing, sophisticated cuts and embellishments, Rohit will showcase his collection based on Lakmé’s beauty trend statement for 2016.
- Lakmé is back with its style statement for the season, the ‘Illuminate Look’. Inspired by the shimmer and sparkle of a precious crystal, Lakmé will bring this international beauty trend to the runway at the Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2016 through a specially crafted range of illuminating makeup and skin care products.
- Inspired by these stunning products by Lakmé, acclaimed designer Rohit Bal will lend his fashion expertise to illuminate your imagination at the Grand Finale of Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2016
v Opening show – LYF presents Manish Malhotra
Acclaimed fashion and costume designer for some of the most iconic names in the movie industry, Manish Malhotra in association with LYF is set to open Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2016. An amalgamation of rich fabrics, delicate hand-embroidery with flawless finesse, Manish’s garments are a sartorial perfection. He will be showcasing his Summer/Resort ’16 collection which is based on the ‘Elements of nature – Air, Earth, Fire and Water’.
v Sustainable and Indian Textile Day
Originally called ‘The Indian Handloom & Textile Day’, it has been re-christened as the ‘Sustainable and Indian Textile Day’. This day at Lakmé Fashion Week will be a flag bearer of eco-fashion in India as it covers key values of sustainability holistically along with celebrating the rich heritage of hand-woven luxury and contemporary aesthetic work happening in Indian handlooms & textiles. Established designers such as Wendell Rodricks, Swati Kalsi, Paromita Banerjee, Mrinalini, 11.11, Amrich, Nor Black Nor White, Akaaro – Gaurav Jai Gupta and many others are going to be part of this initiative.
v Revealing the much awaited offsite shows
This season, to enhance the fashion experience for its key stakeholders and patrons alike, LFW will have offsite shows at undisclosed locations which will be highly experiential
- Opening show of the season with Manish Malhotra on 29th March
- A special preview of Anand Kabra’s collection to be held at an experimental location
- Pool side show to be held this season
- To close this special season Rohit Bal will showcase his Grand Finale collection on 3rd March
v Stage One
Stage One, an experimental space, will showcase conceptual themes in fashion such as Art, Technology, Sustainability and Theatre. 19 emerging designers – who are the best of the Gen Next alumni such as Kanika Goyal, Doodlage, Siddharth Bansal, and others from the industry will be showcasing their Summer/Resort 2016 collections. Cerebral designers such as ElektroCouture from Germany, 11.11, Prashant Verma, Arjun Saluja and IWP prize winner Suket Dhir will be participating in this space with their individual artistic initiatives.
v Industry stalwarts in attendance
As always, LFW will have the who’s who of Indian fashion industry participate in the celebrations. Acclaimed designers like Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Neeta Lulla, Monisha Jaising, Rahul Mishra, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Pero, Masaba Gupta, Payal Singhal, Nishka Lulla, Nikhil Thampi, Anita Dongre, among others, will be a part of Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2016.
INIFD presents Gen Next Show
INIFD will be the official knowledge partner for Lakmé Fashion Week for the 14th consecutive season. This collaboration between fashion and education is an attempt to integrate knowledge sharing among the Indian fashion fraternity. They will once again present the prestigious Gen Next show at LFW SR 2016. 5 Gen Next designers from Delhi, Jaipur and Mumbai were selected by the members of the Advisory Board.
Speaking at the press conference, Purnima Lamba – Head of Innovation at Lakmé said, “For Lakme’s fashion forecast in summer 2016, avant-garde designer Rohit Bal will craft stunning runway interpretations of the Illuminate look at the LFW Grand Finale. This year marks one of the biggest launches for us at the Lakmé Fashion Week, as we are not only introducing an ‘Illuminating’ make up range but also bringing forth the revamped classic Lakmé Perfect Radiance. The high performance products from both these ranges will help you acquire the much desired luminescence of a precious crystal.”
Sharing his views, Saket Dhankar, Vice President and Head-Fashion at IMG Reliance said, “Now in its 16th year, Lakmé Fashion Week is looking outwards, outside of India, at what’s happening in Global fashion and at international fashion weeks. We see two key trends emerging – convergence of fashion and technology and focus on sustainable fashion. At Lakmé Fashion Week we are continuously trying to reinvent ourselves and have made a conscious decision to promote
sustainability in Indian fashion in a big way. To this effect, Indian Textile Day has been renamed to Sustainable and Indian Textile Day and will promote both sustainability as well as usage of Indian crafts and textiles.”
SPONSORS FOR LAKMÉ FASHION WEEK SUMMER/RESORT 2016
|INIFD||Official Knowledge Partner|
|6Degree||Talent Partner – 6Degree Show|
|FitBit||Official Partner of Lakmé Fashion Week and Presenting partner of the Model Auditions|
|Magnum||Official Pleasure Partner|
|Reliance Trends||Official Partner|
|Roposo||Official Social Media Channel|
|The St. Regis||Official Hotel Partner|
- Lakmé Fashion Week is jointly organized by Lakmé, the No.1 cosmetics and beauty services brand in India and IMG Reliance, the global leader in sports and entertainment event marketing and management
- LYF is the Associate Sponsor of Lakmé Fashion Week and will be presenting the Opening Show with Manish Malhotra at Mehboob studios on 29thMarch 2016. LYF is where fashion meets technology and many such initiatives will be presented at Lakmé Fashion Week
- DHL continues to be the co-sponsor of Lakmé Fashion Week and will support the Hospitality at Lakmé Fashion Week with the Guest Relations Desk
- INIFD continues to be the Official Knowledge Partner and will sponsor the Gen Next show featuring 5 first-time designers. INIFD students will also gain valuable experience by volunteering to work at Lakmé Fashion Week
- 6Degree continues the partnership with Lakmé Fashion Week and will be the Talent Partner for a show at Stage One giving 3 first-time designers an opportunity to debut at Lakmé Fashion Week
- Fitbit is the official partner for the model auditions and has also collaborated with designer Masaba Gupta to present a show
- Magnum is the Official Pleasure Partner and have collaborated with veteran designer Monisha Jaising. The venue will also have an exclusive Magnum Dipping Bar for invitees to sample the product
- This season Reliance Trends is collaborating with Rahul Mishra to showcase an exclusive summer resort collection
- Roposo is the official Social Media Channel of Lakmé Fashion Week. Exclusive content will be posted on the Lakmé Fashion Week handle on Roposo
- The St Regis Mumbai continues for the 6th season as our official hotel partner
- The Grand Finale by Lakmé will be at St Xaviers College where the renowned, Rohit Bal will be closing the season