Mumbai, April 9 : Three Lakh nine thousand two hundred thirty three differently abled voters have registered themselves in the state for the ensuing Lok Sabha Elections. More and more facilities will be provided for such voters to facilitate them to cast their votes. .
There are fifty one thousand six hundred five visually disabled and low vision voters, thirty five thousand eight hundred eighty seven hearing impaired dumb and deaf voters, one lakh sixty one thousand nine hundred twenty voters with osteogenenesis and fifty nine thousand eight hundred twenty one voters as physically disabled voters in the state. .
Ramp, Wheel chair and volunteer facilities are provided for the differently abled voters at the polling booth. The visually disabled and physically handicapped voters are permitted to take along their companion . Braille script facility is also provided on the Electronic voting machine for visually disabled and low vision voters. .
The Election Commission of India has kept the target of ” Accessible Elections ” with the objective of increasing the differently abled voters in the voting. More and more differently abled voters have been registered for the ensuing Lok Sabha Polls with the cooperation of the Differently abled Welfare Commissioneret and Non Governmental Organizations.
Facilities and amenities given at the polling booth
• Arrangement for voter assistance center
• Facility for first aid , drinking water and toilet facilities at the polling booth
• Information Notice Board for the guidance of the voters
• Free conveyance facility for the handicapped voters at the polling booth
• Specially assisted Polling booth for differently abled voters in selected schools .
• Identity Card for visually disabled voters in Braille language