Pune, 25th March 2022: Symbiosis Institute Business Management Pune (SIBM, Pune) – a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU), celebrated its Annual Management Day (AMD) on 26th March, 2022. Every year this event is organised to recognize and acknowledge the outstanding achievements of various stakeholders contributing to the institute’s success.
Under the leadership of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar – Founder Symbiosis and Chancellor, SIU, Dr. Vidya Yeravdekar, Pro-Chancellor, SIU and Dr. Rajani Gupte, Vice-Chancellor, SIU, and Dr Ramakrishnan Raman Director SIBM Pune and Dean Faculty of Mangement SIU, the SIBM Pune recognizes the contributions made by accomplished alumni, outstanding students in academics and co-curricular activities, and recognised the contribution made by the faculty members and members of the staff.
The Alumni Awards were given as follows:
- Best Alumnus Contribution to SIBM Pune Award was given to Mr. Rajat Mathur, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley and Mr. Amit Prakash, CHRO Marico.
- Best Alumnus Contribution to Corporate World Award was given to Mr. Rahul Bhatnagar, CEO Asian Paints and Ms. Anita Pai, COO, Yes Bank .
- Best Alumna Achiever Award was given to Ms. Nitu Bhushan, CHRO, Pernod Ricard and Ms. Kanisha Raina, Director, Fiserv India Pct. Ltd.
- Best Alumnus Entrepreneur of the Year Award was given to Mr. Sumant Kakaria, Founder & CEO Solethreads and Ms. Parul Sharma, Co-Founder, Gladful .
Four special awards were given during the ceremony:
- Late Ms. Chitralekha Pati gold medal for Highest CGPA in Human Resource MBA (batch 2020-2022) was given to Mr. Yash Agarwal.
- Late Mr. Karan Kaul gold medal for best student in marketing MBA (Batch 2020-2022) was given to Mr. Saksham Garg.
- Special Recognition – gold medal – constituted by the SIBM Pune Batch of 1999 was given to Ms. Meenal Agrawal MBA (Batch 2020-2022) and Mr. Naveen Shankar MBA (Batch 2020-2022).
- CRIF Scholarship – INR 3 lakh – for outstanding contribution in the area of Finance specialisation was given to Mr. Saniket Jadhav (Batch 2020-2022).
The event also witnessed the launch of the Consulting and Strategy Club’s case Book at the hands of Ms. Kanisha Raina, Director – Fiserv India Pvt Ltd. This book is a compendium of cases that has been curated and published by the Consulting and Strategy Special Interest Group of SIBM Pune. Mr. Naveen Shankar, outgoing student council president, presented the annual report of SIBM, Pune for 2021-2022.
The ceremony was then followed by student and council awards. Batch toppers and outstanding student contributions in each specialisation (Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Marketing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, and Leadership and Strategy) were presented.
The faculty and staff awards were conferred for the outstanding contribution of faculty towards teaching, research publications, research grants, and administrative duties. The staff was recognized for their support functions, namely – IT, Exam, Academics, Accounts and Administration. The event was followed by the student council handing over ceremony.
“Every year on the event of Annual Management Day, SIBM Pune celebrates the handing over of the Students’ Council wherein the executive student council of the outgoing batch passes on the mantle of responsibility to the incoming senior batch” shared Dr Ramakrishnan Raman, Director SIBM Pune.
SIBM Pune takes pride in this process of transfer of passion from one generation to another. The new executive student council undertook the oath-taking ceremony led by the current student president. The incoming Student Council President Mr. Ashwani Bansal presented the vote of thanks, marking the closure of the annual management day for the year 2021-2022.