Pimpri, July 1, 2020: Shops in the containment zones of Pimpri-Chinchwad area to open from today (Wednesday). In the unlock phase 2, Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) commissioner Shravan Hardikar has issued revised guidelines as per the state government’s orders to be implemented in extended lockdown period (unlock 2) till July 31. According to these guidelines, shops in the containment zones will be open following P1 and P2 system from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Chinchwad Station
- Pimpri Camp, Sai Chowk, Shagun Chowk
- Gandhi Peth, Chapekar Chowk, Chinchwad
- Kalewadi Main road (MM School to Kalewadi flyover)
- Ajmera, Pimpri
- Moshi Chowk, Moshi Alandi road
- Maharana Pratap Chowk, Nigdi Busstop
- Dange Chowk to Kalewadi Phata
- Bhosari-Alandi road
- Kaverinagar market
- Kasturi market, Thermax chowk to Sane Chowk
- Dighi Jakat Naka to Magzine chowk Saibaba Mandir
P1 and P2 system mean, shops on one side of the road will be open on even dates (2, 4, 6, 8 etc.), while the shops on another side of the road will be open on odd dates (1, 3, 5, 7 etc). This will enable parking of the vehicles on the opposite side of the shops, which will help people stand in front of the shops maintaining physical distancing.
Schools, colleges, malls, cinema halls, public gatherings, religious or political assemblies continue to be prohibited. Similarly, restrictions on the movement of senior citizens above 65 years old, children below 10 years old, citizens with comorbidity (one or more health issues) will continue. Except for essential purposes, citizens are advised to stay at home.Follow Punekar News: