PMC Auctions 32 Properties Worth Rs 16.02 Crore Due to Tax Defaults In Lohegaon, Mundhwa, Baner, and Balewadi

Bamboo house
Share this News:

Pune, 1st February 2024: Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) is gearing up to auction 32 properties worth Rs 16.02 crore on February 5, citing property tax defaults. The auction targets affluent locales like Lohegaon, Mundhwa, Baner, and Balewadi, with the properties predominantly being commercial buildings.


Property owners have the opportunity to rescue their assets from the auction block by settling their dues before the scheduled event. This move comes as defaulters have failed to clear outstanding amounts despite repeated reminders, prompting PMC to exercise its legal powers.


Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar emphasized the legality of the action and announced that the auction will take place at PMC’s main building from 12 pm to 3 pm. The selected properties, mainly high-end commercial spaces, serve as a preliminary test to gauge public response.


The list of properties to be auctioned includes shops, office premises, open plots, and a factory shed in prime locations such as Lohegaon, Balewadi, Baner, Mundhwa, Kharadi, Bibwewadi, Dhayari, Wanowrie, and Dhanori.


Ajeet Deshmukh, overseeing the civic property tax department, urged interested bidders to register on Each property’s valuation has been established, and the bidding amount will not fall below the fixed valuation. Bidders are required to submit 1% of the property amount in advance by January 31.


The announcement of eligible bidders is scheduled for February 4, with the winning bidder obligated to pay 20% of the amount within two days of the auction and the remaining 80% within 15 days.


In a provision for property owners to halt the auction process, clearing dues and auction costs within 15 days will lead to the bid winner being reimbursed the amount deposited with PMC.