Pune: Electricity Transformer catches fire In Undri

Share this News:

Undri, 13th February 2024: A blaze erupted from a transformer located along Undri Marg near Country Club in Pune on February 13, 2024, prompting alarm among residents and those traversing the area. The precise cause of the fire remains elusive, prompting authorities to initiate a thorough investigation into the incident.


An official from the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) informed Punekar News that they are currently uninformed about the occurrence. They assured prompt action will be taken as soon as more details are available.


MSEDCL PRO Nishikant Raut clarified to Punekar News that the incident was not a result of fire but rather stemmed from a short circuit, leading to multiple sparks. Raut assured that electricity would be restored within the next 15 to 20 minutes.