Pune: Fire at Keshav Venkatesh Chaphekar Sports Hall In Mukundnagar, Nobody Injured

Share this News:

Swargate, 23rd April 2024: Today morning around 10 am fire erupted at the Keshav Venkatesh Chaphekar sports hall in Mukundnagar, Pune. Responding swiftly to the emergency, a fire engine and water tanker were dispatched from the fire headquarters, along with another fire engine from the Gangadham fire station.

Upon arrival, firefighters encountered a blaze engulfing the area where sports equipment was stored inside the Keshav Venkatesh Chaphekar sports hall, accompanied by thick smoke billowing from the premises.

Without hesitation, the firefighting team sprang into action, directing water onto the flames. Remarkably, within a mere 15 minutes, the fire was fully extinguished. Ensuring the safety of all individuals present, including players and teachers, was a top priority for the firefighters, who promptly communicated with them to confirm their well-being.

Witnessing the efficiency and dedication of the firefighters in tackling the blaze, the sportsmen and students expressed their gratitude for their swift response and diligent work. The fire resulted in significant damage to various sports materials, including mattresses, foam, electric wires, computers, CCTV equipment, and other office items. Additionally, the gymnastic equipment sustained considerable damage due to the fire.

Preliminary investigations suggest that the fire may have been sparked by an electrical short circuit. No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.

The successful firefighting operation was made possible by the efforts of Assistant Divisional Fire Officer Ramesh Gangad, Station Duty Officer Sunil Naiknaware, drivers Hanumant Koli, Shubham Karande, Nilesh Kadam, and firefighters Vinayak Mali, Jitendra Kumhar, Atul Khopde, Ashish Lahne, Dattatray Wable, Ganesh More, Hemant Shinde, Suresh Suryavanshi, Aditya Pardeshi, Aniket Khedekar, and Sainath Pawar, and Mahesh Ghatamal.