Pune: Investigation Started By Electrical Inspector In Death By Electrocution Case

Share this News:

Pune, 31st October 2022: A 14-year-old boy, who was injured by an overhead power line in Omkar Society in Katraj, died while undergoing treatment. An investigation is underway by the State Government’s District Electricity Inspectorate regarding this electrical accident. After receiving their technical inspection report, Mahavitaran will take action against the culprits as per the rules. Also, financial assistance is being given to the family of the deceased.


22 KV Katraj-Kondhwa high voltage power line has passed by Omkar Society road. The boy was injured due to an electric shock after coming in contact with this upper channel last Sunday (23rd) around 6:00 pm. The Padmavati Division Office of Mahavitaran informed the Electricity Inspector Office of the State Government about this. Accordingly, electrical inspectors have inspected this place. A technical inspection report will be received from them shortly. Meanwhile, concerned engineers of Mahavitran have inspected this place. In this, it was found that the distance of the overhead wire line from the roadside ground is correct. A 10 to 12 feet high wall has been built along the road where the power line is located. It was noticed that the ground clearance of the power line was reduced due to filling inside the wall.


As the area inside the wall is not in use, bushes have grown there. Prima facie it appears that the young boy must have gone to the wall from inside the society and got electrocuted by coming in contact with the upper channel.


Now Also Read News In Marathi 

Join Punekar News Whatsapp GroupTelegramInstagram And Twitter  For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad

Also Read Political News On Sarkar Khabar