Pune: Nine-Year-Old Boy Dies of Electric Shock At Amusement Park in Katraj

Pimpri Chinchwad: Eight-Year-Old Girl Suffers Severe Burns Due to Exposed Electric DP in Pimple Saudagar
Share this News:

Katraj, 14th April 2024: A night of joy and amusement turned into a nightmare as a nine-year-old boy succumbed to an electric shock at a children’s funfair park near Rajas Society Chowk in Katraj, Pune. The incident occurred late on Saturday night.


The funfair, bustling with children and families, offered an array of attractions including toys, food stalls, and entertainment featuring beloved characters like Mickey Mouse. However, the festivities took a tragic turn when the young boy, whose identity has not been disclosed, encountered a fatal accident.


Eyewitnesses and authorities recounted the harrowing incident, stating that the boy suffered an electric shock while ascending the iron steps of a cradle ride within the park premises. Despite immediate medical attention and swift transport to the hospital, the child passed away during treatment.


The Bharti Vidyapeeth Police Station, responsible for investigating the incident, announced that a thorough autopsy would be conducted to determine the precise cause of death.