Pune, 11 July 2020: In a surprise move, the Maharashtra government today shunted out Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) Commissioner Shekhar Gaikwad amidst the Coronavirus Disease (COVID19) pandemic.
He was under fire for the rising number of positive cases in Pune city. The number of COVID cases has reached 27,000 and over 800 people have died.
Gaikwad has been transferred to Pune-based Sugar Commissionerate from where he had joined PMC as Municipal Commissioner six months ago. Gaikwad will be replaced by Vikram Kumar, the CEO of the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA). Kumar is a 2004-batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre.
Here is the list of officers transferred by the state government today:
1. Saurabh Rao, IAS (2003) Commissioner, Sugar, Pune has been posted as Officer on Special Duty, Divisional Commissioner, Pune.
2. Shekhar Gaikwad, IAS (2003) Municipal Commissioner, Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune has been posted as Commissioner, Sugar, Pune.
3. Vikram Kumar, IAS (2004) Chief Executive Officer, PMRDA, Pune has been posted as Municipal Commissioner, Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune.
4. Suhas Diwase, IAS (2009) Commissioner, Agriculture, Pune has been posted as Chief Executive Officer, PMRDA, Pune.
5. Jitendra Dudi, IAS (2016) Project Officer, Integrated Tribal Development Project, Ghodegaon and Assistant Collector, Manchar Sub Division, Pune has been posted as Chief Executive Officer, Z.P., Sangli.Follow Punekar News: