Khed 25th Sept 2023: A devastating incident has unfolded in the Kharpudi Budruk village of Khed Taluka in Pune. A young man lost his life due to a short circuit in lighting decorations around ganesh idol that resulted in a house fire. The victim has been identified as Vaibhav Jagannath Garud (35). The Khed Police have registered an accidental death case in connection with the matter.
According to police, Vaibhav lives in Dattanagar area of Kharpudi Budruk in Khed Taluka along with his family. He had decorated his house and the lighting was put up around ganesh idol on the ocassion of ganesh festival. However, the tragedy struck in the middle of the night as a short circuit occurred in the ilghting causing a fire to break out in the house. As a result, all the household items including clothing, bed and other belongings were gutted into the fire. Vaibhav who had been sleeping in his car parked outside the house also sustained burn injuries and later succumbed.
Vaibhav was known in the community as a snake enthusiast and had a reputation as a friend to all. He is survived by wife and two young children. His sudden departure has left his family devastated. The tragic incident has sent shockwaves throughout the neighborhood with many expressing their condolences and support for the grieving family.
“The incident was reported on Saturday. The deceased was sleeping in a hall next to the decoration while his wife and children were sleeping inside the bedroom at the time of incident. The sudden spark in the decoration lighting spread in the mattress on which the deceased was sleeping and he did not get a chance to escape. Other members of the family are safe and we have registered an Accidental Death Report (ADR) in the matter” said police.