Choice is a beautiful thing and soon many Punekars will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – you will get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
Over the last few months Uber teams in India and in San Francisco have worked tirelessly to create a seamless cash payment option that is truly Uber.
After an extremely successful experiment in Hyderabad in May, it launched the Cash payment option in four more cities last week – Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, and Kochi. Pune will be the sixth city in India and just the seventh worldwide, where riders have the option to pay for their Uber rides with Cash.
Not all of you will see the Cash option right away as we are testing different cohorts and user preferences. If you do not see the Cash option immediately, worry not. It will be rolled out slowly over the next few weeks to all riders.
With products such as uberGO and uberX, riders in Pune will have access to multiple transportation options that are safe, reliable and convenient.
In a statement Uber said, “The insight and feedback that you give us will help immensely in making this a hassle-free experience. So take rides and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook/Twitter.”
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Open up the app and go to the Payment section on the top left corner
2. Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
3. Request for a ride
4. Before you get out, pay the exact amount shown to you & your driver – No haggling required!
– A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
– Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
– You do not need any minimum balance in your Paytm wallet to be able to book rides with cash as your payment option BUT make sure you have enough cash for the trip
– You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your Paytm wallet and vice versa
– Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
? There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
New to Uber?
ENTER THE PROMO CODE
TO GET A FREE FIRST RIDE! (Up to Rs 300 | Valid until August 31st)