Pune: Unauthorized Refilling Of Propylene Gas Cause Of Fire In Tathawade, 23 Cylinders Involved

Share this News:

Pune 9th Oct 2023: The fire brigade department of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has confirmed that unauthorized refilling of propylene gas in Tathawade was the main cause of fire reported on Sunday night. The gas was kept to be refilled in the commercial and domestic cylinders when the incident took place, said an official.

According to the officials, a total of around 21 tonnes of gas of Tirupati Carrier was being refilled and the employees carrying out the work are suspected to have fled the incident site out of fear after the explosions started. A total of 27 cylinders were found at the site of which 9 had exploded and 8 had started leaking after the explosion while remaining cylinders did not explode.

The fire brigade team received the emergency call at 11:04 pm and the firefighting vehicles from various stations of the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation’s Fire Brigade Department, PMRDA and MIDC areas were immediately rushed to the spot. Fortunately no loss of lives were reported in the incident and no injuries were reported. The fire was brought under control and the further spread was averted. The situation raised concerns after one after another cylinders exploded on Sunday night. The citizens and students of JSPM college which is located nearby had rushed out of their houses due to fear after hearing the explosion sound.