For Thomas Cook India, Maharashtra is a key source market and forms a critical part of its strategy plan 2018-19 with a strong network presence of 39 consumer access centres – 16 owned branches and 23 Gold Circle Partner Franchise outlets in 9 locations in the Maharashtra market – Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Kolhapur, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nagpur, Nashik, Ahmednagar and Solapur. Maharashtra comprises 35% of Thomas Cook India’s current leisure business and sees a strong YoY growth of over 27%. Most of the business comes from like Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad and Nagpur where Thomas Cook has seen a surge in demand.
To cater to the Maharashtrian travelers, Thomas Cook India came up with special Regional Tours for its Maharashtra market after thorough market & customer research created by their special project team – ‘Avismarniya Europe’ and ‘Prekshaniye Europe’ featuring destinations across Europe. These flag ship Marathi Europe tours are growing at a rate of 30-40 % YoY.
· Maharashtra comprises 35% of Thomas Cook India’s current leisure business
· Strong YoY growth of 27%
· Strong network presence of 39 consumer centres in Maharashtra
· Flagship Regional Marathi tours growing at a rate of 30-40% YoY
These tours are tailor made for the Maharashtrian travelers that include:
– A friendly Marathi speaking tour manager Marathi manoos (experience, expertise, friendly) – “Bhau” who is an expert, but also a great friend.
– A group of Marathi speaking co-travelers from the Maharashtrian community
– Maharashtrian delicacies and the comfort of home cooked Maharashtrian food while on tour
Rajeev Kale, President & Country Head – Holidays, MICE, Visa & Passport Services, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd said, “Maharashtra currently contributes to 35% of our Thomas Cook Outbound business and given the strong YoY growth and high potential, we have identified Maharashtra as a key strategic focus for our Company.”
He added, “To cater to our loyal and growing Maharashtrian customer segment, we have unique regional tour packages that offer a regional touch while on an international holiday and this has been inspiring exceptional bookings from the segment with a growth of 30-40% YoY”