Two school girls commit suicide after family learns about their date with boyfriends

Share this News:

Pune : Two 15-year-old girl students of class 10th allegedly committed suicide by jumping in the Mula-Mutha river in Vadgaonsheri, fearing their parents will beat them for going out with their boyfriends.

Though the girls went missing on Saturday, their bodies were fished out from the river on Wednesday morning.

Police said that the girls  had tied their one hands with a piece of cloth, while their belongings including bags, shoes, etc were kept on the river bank opposite Kumar Premavera society.

The deceased have been identified as Chotikumari alias Simran Singh and Sneha More, both residents of Vadgaonsheri. They were good friends and were bright students, their teachers said.

According to information given by Chandan Nagar police station, four girls and their boyfriends had gone for the outing near Kharadi lake on Saturday. The girls had told their parents that they are going for a football match in school.

Police officials said that the girls returned after spending few hours at the lake. But they went for lunch at the house of one of the girls in Vadgaonsheri and got late. Meanwhile Simran’s sister called on Sneha’s phone who was carrying her father’s mobile phone and scolded her.

DCP (Zone IV) Kalpana Baravkar said, “The girls got frightened after coming to know that their parents have learnt about their outing”.

Police officials said that over an year ago, Simran’s father, an ex-serviceman, had assaulted her sister when he had come to know about her love affair.

After the girls didn’t return home, their family members lodged a missing complaint with Chandan Nagar police station on Sunday afternoon.

Senior Police Inspector Anil Patrudkar, in-charge of Chandan Nagar police station, said, “During investigation we came to know about the four boys and two other girls. Initially the deceased girls’ boyfriends didn’t tell us anything. On Wednesday, when their bodies were fished out they are saying that the girls had told them about their decision to commit suicide and then they had switched off the mobile phone. The boys were afraid and had not informed anyone about it.”