Pune, August 14, 2020: On the eve of the 74th Independence Day, 10 police officers and personnel posted in Pune in different police units were awarded the President’s Police medals for rendering meritorious and distinguished services.
Additional Director General of Police Retesh Kumarr from State Wireless Department and DySP Sushma Chavan from the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) has been awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service.
Pune City Police DCP (Zone II) Shirish Sardeshpande, Kothrud Police Station in-charge Pratibha Joshi and Police Sub Inspector Sanjay Gaikwad of Crime Branch have got President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
DySP Anil Patrudkar from the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB), ACP Sunil Yadav from Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), Government Railway Police (GRP) DySP (Headquarters) Narendrakumar Gaikwad, Police Inspector Arvind Alhat from State Wireless Department, Armed Sub Inspector Prakash Erram from State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) group 2, have got the President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
As per the President’s Secretariat Notification, the broad eligibility for President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service are as under: –
- A special distinguished record in police service or in the Central Police/Security Organizations.
- Success in organizing Police Service or the Units of Central Police /Security Organization or in maintaining their organizations under special difficulties.
- Special Service in dealing with serious or widespread outbreaks of crime or public disorder.
- Prolonged service, but only when distinguished by very exceptional ability and merit.
The broad eligibility as enumerated in the President’s Secretariat Notification for award of Police Medals for Meritorious Service is as under: –
- For valuable services characterized by resource and devotion to duty including prolonged service or ability and merit.