Pune, 24th December 2021: Today 20 new cases of Omicron have been reported in Maharashtra. Among them 14 cases are
reported by the National Institute of Virology (NIV) Pune and six cases reported by the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research ( IISER) Pune.
These 20 cases are as below:
– Pune-6 ( Pune Cantonment Board- 6 and PMC-1,)
– Mumbai -11
Till date, a total of 108 patients infected with the Omicron variant of Coronavirus have been reported in the Maharashtra state.
Out of these, 54 cases have been discharged following a negative RT PCR test.
Additional information of 20 Omicron Cases reported today
- Out of these, 15 have a history of international travel, one has a history of domestic travel and 4 patients are their high-risk contacts.
- One kid is under 18 years of age and six patients are above 60 years of age.
- Severity of Disease: All patients are asymptomatic.
- Vaccination: Out of these patients, 12 patients have been completely vaccinated, 7 patients are unvaccinated and 1 patient is not eligible for vaccination.
COVID cases at a glance in Maharashtra:
– 868 patients discharged today; 65,01,243 COVID-19 patients discharged after full recovery until today; Recovery rate in the state is 97.69%
– 1410 new cases in the state today.
– 12 COVID-19 deaths reported in the state today. Case fatality rate is the state is 2.12%.
– Out of 6,82,35,476 laboratory samples 66,54,755 have been tested positive (9.75%) for COVID-19 until today.
– Currently 86,815 people are in home quarantine and 886 people are in institutional quarantine.