All Citizens to get benefits of Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya Yojana: Health Minister Rajesh Tope

Rajesh Tope

Support Our Journalism Contribute Now

Mumbai, 24, 2020: On the backdrop of Corona, the State Government has taken an important decision to give benefit of ‘Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya Yojana‘ to all citizens of the state. A government decision in this regard has been announced on Saturday. Health Minister Rajesh Tope said that citizens will now be able to get treatment in all the hospitals approved under this scheme.

Till now 85% of the citizens of the state were covered under this scheme. The Health Minister said that in view of the spread of Corona, the remaining 15 percent of the citizens will also get the benefit of this scheme, thus 100 percent of the people of the state have been included in this scheme. This scheme will remain in force till 31 July 2020. After reviewing the matter, a decision will be taken about the expansion of the scheme. The decision was announced on Saturday after it was signed by Principal Secretary of Health Department Pradeep Vyas.

The government decision states that considering the possible circumstances on the backdrop of the Corona outbreak, to provide the treatment under the ‘Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana‘ and ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana‘ those who are not beneficiaries of the schemes will also be able to get Corona treatment in private hospitals approved under ‘Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana‘.

996 treatments are provided under ‘Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana’ while 1209 treatments are provided under ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’. 2 crore 23 lakh families are getting its benefits in the state. It comprises about 85 percent of the state’s population. Considering the current situation of Corona in the state, citizens of the state who are not covered under ‘Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana’ and ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’ , will also be given treatment under ‘Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana’. The benefit of this will be made available at all approved hospitals at approved rates.

In addition, out of 138 treatments reserved for government hospitals, 120 treatments, except joint replacement and hearing aids, will be done at approved rates till 31 July 2020 in approved private hospitals. To take advantage of this, any one proof among from yellow, kesari or white ration card, Tehsildar’s certificate and domicile certificate will have to be produced as proof of residence. In addition, it will be necessary to provide a valid photo identity card approved by the government The Chief Executive Officer of the State Health Guarantee Society is empowered to relax the necessary documents, in consideration of the severity of the Corona epidemic and the urgency of treatment.

PPE kits and N95 masks will be required to be used by government-approved privately owned hospitals to treat Cotona suspected patients. The funds will be provided at a rate fixed by the government. This will be monitored by the District Surgeon and it will be the responsibility of the concerned District Surgeon.

Punekar News is now on Telegram. For the latest Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad PCMC news, Like our Facebook Page, follow on Twitter and Instagram and also subscribe to Punekar News on Telegram.