Pune, January 24, 2021: Indian Air Force has invited online applications for recruitment for the posts of Airmen. These appointments will be made for batch 01/2022 in Group ‘X’ and Group ‘Y’ trades. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for these posts. The last date to apply is 7 February 2021. The online exam will be conducted from 18 April 2021 to 22 April 2021. Interested candidates may apply by visiting www.airmenselection.
– Candidates should be born between 16 January 2001 and 29 December 2004. The age calculation will include both dates.
If the candidate passes the selection process then the maximum age at the date of enrollment should be 21 years.
Group ‘X’ (Excluding Educational Instructor) Trade Qualification:
– Must have passed 12th examination in Maths, Physics and English subjects with 50% marks from recognized School Education Board. At this level must have either 50 percent marks in English or a Three Year Diploma in Engineering
Group ‘Y’ (Excluding IAF and Musical Trade) Qualification:
-Must have passed class XII examination from any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks. At this level, must have 50 percent marks in English.
Group ‘Y’ Medical Assistant Trade Qualification:
-Must have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects with a minimum of 50% marks. At this level, must have 50 percent marks in English.
Minimum Physical Criteria (for Group ‘X’ and Group ‘Y’)
– Height: 152.5 cm.
– When inflated, the chest measures should increase five cm from the original size.
– Weight: in perfect proportion to height and age.
Tattoo: Permanent tattoo will not be valid on any part of the body. However, tattoos made from elbow to palm between the inside and the back of the palm will be acceptable in some cases.
Payscale (as per group)
– 14,600 stipends will be given every month during training. The pay scale will be applicable on the completion of training.
– There will be a pay scale of Rs 33,100 for group ‘X’ (technical) trade. Other allowances will also be available.
– There will be a pay scale of Rs 26,900 for Group ‘Y’ (non-technical). Other allowances will also be provided.
– Selection of qualified candidates will be done on the basis of written examination. Candidates who pass in this will have to take a physical efficiency test.
– Adaptability test -1 and 2 will be given after passing both. After this, qualified candidates will be sent for medical tests.
Before conducting the written examination, the candidate has to present the original copy of all his certificates for verification.
– Detailed verification of the certificates of the candidates who pass the written examination will be conducted. The original copy of all the documents/certificates sought on this day must be carried.
– Rs 250 may be paid online.
In addition, fees can also be paid through bank challan at any branch of Axis Bank.