Pune Collector Appeals For Complaint Against Misappropriation Of Funds Meant For Commercial Sex Workers 

Share this News:

Pune, 25th May 2021: District Collector has received complaints that some persons and NGOs have misappropriated government funds by giving false and misleading information of the commercial sex workers (CSWs) to get benefitted from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund by including their names in the list of eligible beneficiaries.

An inquiry committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of the sub-divisional officer (SDO) to probe the matter and the victim women should lodge their complaint at the address and telephone number given below.

As per the Government Resolution dated 26th November 2020, financial assistance was given directly to women who are commercial sex workers to overcome the financial crunch during the Covid outbreak period to support their families. However, under this scheme, women who are not commercial sex workers were also made eligible for the grant by giving false information.

It is learnt that some NGOs and individuals have illegally taken half of the amount as commission. Such individuals and organizations have committed double fraud against women and the government.

Some of these women have complained to the authorities and demanded that the grant received from the government should be recovered and their names should be removed from the list of beneficiaries and a case should be registered against the culprits.

To complain, the victims shall approach –

Venkatesh Chiramulla, Divisional Officer, Hadapsar, Contact No. 9823398712 or tashsildarhavelipune@gmail.com, or

Rajesh Divte, Talathi, Hadapsar Contact No. 9168232519, or

Prakash Whitkar, Deputy Tehsildar, Contact No. 9423339192 or tahasildarpunecity@gmail.com, or

 Parikshit Dhavare, Talathi, Parvati, Contact No. 8329963056.

The Collectors Office has also appealed that those women who have been cheated should come forward and co-operate to file a complaint against such persons and organizations. An appeal has also been made that the complaint should be lodged with the sub-divisional officer’s office along with the document of evidence or by e-mail.

Join our Whatsapp Group, Telegram, and Twitter for each update about Pune and PCMC.