Pune: Increase In Fire Accidents In Summer

Share this News:

Talegaon Dabhade, 1st March 2023: Since the heat has increased drastically for the past few days, the number of fire accidents has increased in many places. Fire incidents are mainly due to mountains, garbage heaps, abandoned objects, and shock circuits.

In factories, there is a major increase in fire incidents during February and March. The main reason for this is that summer begins in these months. A fire broke out due to excessive heat generation. There are also discussions that fires are set in some places for insurance money or to show that there has been a loss in business.

Last week, around 14 vehicles were heavily damaged when the vehicles parked at the rear of Kamshet Police Station caught fire. A tree caught fire on the back side of Haraneshwar Hill in Talegaon Dabhade. The fire brigade department extinguished the fire in time, averting further calamity.

Many hills in the Sahyadri mountain range are in a parched state. In this place, due to the heat and friction in the trees, the incidence of wildfires has increased. In some places, dry grass is deliberately set on fire. Some say that burning dead grass produces better grass next year. Rare forest resources and wildlife are being extensively damaged and destroyed due to fires or wildfires in hilly areas.

The intense heat has been felt for the past few days. Citizens are shocked due to increasing heat. Every year there is an increase in fire incidents during summer. Sometimes major fire incidents also cause huge financial losses. Fires in houses or factories are relatively easy to extinguish. However, it is difficult to put out fires in forest areas and garbage depots.

Because of the heat, the fire breaks out in the open area and spreads rapidly due to the wind. During summers there is an increase in fire incidents in buildings, houses, and factories due to chemical processes or short circuits. The main cause of the fire is due to excess temperature, gas leakage, or human error.

AC, cooler, fan as well as microwave oven, open induction, iron, etc which are used at home in summer should be maintained and repaired on time. Many times there have been cases of fire due to blockage in the kitchen chimney. Therefore, it is being requested by the fire brigade department that the use of equipment with high temperatures should be avoided as much as possible during the afternoon.

Shekhar Khomane, Fireman informed, “After going to the mountains and cooking on the Chulha during summer days, the Chulha should be extinguished completely. Citizens should be vigilant to prevent fire incidents in their locality. Also, after a fire breaks out in any area, immediately inform the fire brigade.”


Also Read News In Marathi 

Join Punekar News Whatsapp GroupTelegramInstagram And Twitter  For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad

Also Read Political News On Sarkar Khabar