Pune, 18th January 2022: The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will connect the Navale Bridge to the Wadgaon Bridge with new bridges to prevent accidents in the vicinity of Navale Bridge and to ease traffic congestion in the area.
In addition, NHAI officials informed the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) that the potholes on the highway should be filled immediately and to complete the work of the service road along the highway.
On Monday, Mayor Muralidhar Mohol held a meeting with Pune Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar, Standing Committee Chairman Hemant Rasne along with officials of PMC’s Transport Planning Department and Road Department and NHAI officers.
NHAI’s Plan and Suggestions include:
– New bridge will connect Wadgaon bridge to Navale bridge
– For better visibility of drivers at night, 3D thermoplastics to be installed on the roads
– There will be no parking on the highway leading to Satara from Navle bridge to Daripul
– Street lights to be built immediately in dark areas
– Rumbler will be made at every 500 metres on the road
– Information boards will be made bigger and bolder
– Encroachments on service roads to be removed immediately
“PMC and NHAI will coordinate with each other and carry out the necessary work quickly. So, the long term solution plan will be prepared and submitted to Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari. These measures will help prevent accidents”, said Mohol.