Pune: No Need To Register Online For Vaccination – PMC’s  

Share this News:

Pune, 4th June 2022: Earlier, before taking the vaccine, it was required to register the date of the dose along with the dose’s name on the Cowin app. However, from Friday (June 4), those who have not registered online at the Municipal Vaccination Center will also get the vaccine. 

Earlier, 40 per cent of the citizens had to register for the vaccine application and take the time to go for the vaccine. At the same time, the remaining 60 per cent of citizens were being vaccinated by registering at the vaccination centre. However, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) clarified on Friday that now citizens will be vaccinated directly at the vaccination centre without any online registration.

The government aims to vaccinate 33 lakh citizens in Pune. PMC has given the first dose to 110% of citizens, the second dose has been taken by 95% of citizens. At present, those who are over 60 years of age and have completed nine months with the second dose are also taking the third dose (Booster Dose). Also, children between the ages of 12 and 14 are being vaccinated with Corbevax.

Municipal Corporation Vaccination Officer Dr Suryakant Deokar said, “Currently eligible citizens can go to any municipal vaccination centre and get vaccinated. The number of vaccinations has decreased. Therefore, vaccination centres are not very crowded. So now the conditioning of online registration has been removed.”

The Pune Municipal Corporation has 68 vaccination centres each for Covishield and Covaxin. 100 doses have been made available at each centre. So, 200 doses of Corbevax vaccine have been made available at 30 centres.