Ramadan 2023: Holy Month of Ramzan Begins In India
New Delhi, 24th March 2023: The holy month of Ramadan, also known as Ramzan, has begun today. Muslims all over the world observe this month by fasting from dawn to dusk and offering prayers. It is believed that during this month, the first verses of the Quran were revealed to Prophet Muhammad.
In India, the sehri and iftar timings vary from state to state and city to city. Here is a list of sehri and iftar timings in some of the major cities of India:
- Delhi: The sehri time will be at 4:26 am and iftar time will be at 6:45 pm.
- Mumbai: The sehri time will be at 5:17 am and iftar time will be at 6:59 pm.
- Kolkata: The sehri time will be at 4:06 am and iftar time will be at 6:26 pm.
- Chennai: The sehri time will be at 4:50 am and iftar time will be at 6:32 pm.
- Bangalore: The sehri time will be at 4:46 am and iftar time will be at 6:36 pm.
These timings are subject to change as per the sighting of the moon. Muslims break their fast at iftar time with dates and water, followed by a meal called iftar. Sehri is the pre-dawn meal which is eaten before starting the fast. It is important to consume a healthy and balanced diet during this month to maintain good health.
Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection, self-improvement, and increased devotion and worship. Muslims observe this month by performing additional prayers, reciting the Quran, giving charity, and seeking forgiveness. The month of Ramadan ends with Eid-ul-Fitr, a festival celebrated by Muslims all over the world.