Pune, 25th November 2021: Sadhu Vaswani Mission welcomed the 142nd birthday of Sadhu T.L. Vaswani today amidst sevas, discourses by the Great Masters – Rev. Dada J.P. Vaswani and Gurudev Sadhu Vaswani and talk by Didi Krishna Kumari.
The day also marked the observance of International Meatless Day & Animal Rights Day. Sadhu Vaswani Centers across the globe organised awareness programmes preceding the birthday. Spiritual leaders shared wishes and supported the cause of Meatless Day.
Didi Krishna Kumari, in her address, spoke about her experiences, as a little child, with Gurudev Sadhu Vaswani and how he inculcated in her the habit of sitting in silence. She also echoed his belief of Reverence for All Life saying, “Sadhu Vaswani was a visionary. He would tell us, the time will come when meat eating will be regarded as a crime.
The day also witnessed many devotees coming to the Pune Headquarters to seek blessings at the Sacred Samadhi in strict adherence to pandemic protocols. One of them was a 12-year-old kid, Jayesh Gehani, who had come all the way from Mumbai accompanied by his parents.
He said, “I love coming to the Samadhi and the sevas are something I enjoy, especially the cleaning of langar utensils. I always look forward to it.”
On the occasion of Sadhu Vaswani’s 142nd birthday, concessions were given at the Mission’s healthcare institutions. Service activities included bird feeding, animal sevas, and distribution of ration kits to poor and needy families.
Sadhu Vaswani Centers, national and international organised virtual satsangs and carried out service activities including London, Taipei, St Maarten, Washington DC, Atlanta, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Casablanca, New Jersey, Dubai New Delhi, Mumbai, Baroda, Rajkot, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata and Pimpri among others.
· 61,70,502 people pledged to observe November 25th as Meatless Day
· 8,43,24,126 people supported the Meatless Day
· 23 people turn vegetarian for life
· Satsangs and community service programs mark the occasion
· Slaughterhouses close for the day in many parts of India
• State of Uttar Pradesh, India and various cities including Bhopal, Lonavala, Ahmedabad, Gandhidham-Adipur, Vadodara declared the closure of all slaughter houses.
• Peace Rally organized by various Sadhu Vaswani Centres at Bilaspur, Kolhapur, Gandhidham and Atlanta.
• Restaurants in India and abroad supported the cause of Meatless Day by closing or offering only vegetarian food – Shamiana in West Africa, Berjaya Group of Hotels in Penang, Aavri Groups of Hotels in Karachi, Pakistan & Dhaba NH 37, Pune.
• Sadhu Vaswani Centers and schools organise competitions and activities including cookery competitions, salad-making competitions, drawing and slogan writing competitions to raise awareness about vegetarianism
• Phee Boon Poh, Penang’s State Minister for Environment, Welfare and Caring Society, Malaysia pledged to go Meatless on 25th November. Malaysian school children put up placards in the classrooms requesting to pledge