Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, proposes to engage Technical and Non-Technical Trade & Technician Apprentices at its Locations in States & Union Territory of North India (Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, New Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh).
Applications are invited from candidates meeting the following qualification & other parameters for engagement as
Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended from time to time) in the Trade/Disciplines mentioned in the advertisement.
Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 31.07.2019 (Relaxation – 5 years for SC/ST i.e. up to a max of 29 yrs., 3 years for OBC i.e. up to a max of 27 yrs., for positions reserved for them).
Candidates belonging to PwBD categories shall be given age relaxation up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST
and up to 13 years for OBC (Non-Creamy layer) candidates.
C. Period of Apprenticeship Training: 12 Months
D. Selection Methodology
1. The Selection process would consist of written test. The Written Test will comprise of 100 questions and shall be of 90 minutes duration & would mainly comprise of objective type multiple choice (MCQ’s) questions. The questions would be in bilingual i.e. English & Hindi.
2. The written test will assess the candidates on the following parameters:-
Trade Apprentice Accountant:
Generic Aptitude including Quantitative Aptitude – 30 Marks
Reasoning Abilities – 30 Marks
Basic English Language Skills – 40 Marks
Trade Apprentice (Fitter/Electrician/Electronics Mechanic/Instrument Mechanic/Machinist) &
Technician Apprentice (Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation/Civil/Electrical & Electronics/Electronics):
Technical Acumen in relevant discipline – 40 Marks
Generic Aptitude including Quantitative Aptitude – 20 Marks
Reasoning Abilities – 20 Marks
Basic English Language Skills – 20 Marks
3. The candidates will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in written test to qualify for selection process. The
minimum qualifying marks shall be 35% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories against reserved
4. Candidates selected as apprentices will have to fulfill the minimum physical fitness standard / parameters as specified in the Apprentice Act and amendments / modification issued from time to time. Only those candidates declared fit in pre-engagement medical and physical fitness shall be considered for engaging as apprentice.
How to Apply
1. The candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria may apply online from through the link which will be provided in our corporate website www.iocl.com(Careers-> Apprenticeships-> Engagement of Technical and Non-Technical Trade & Technician Apprentices in Northern Region (Marketing Division). Only Online mode of applications will be accepted.
2. After filling up the online application ,the scanned copy of the latest colour photograph, scanned copy of the
documents namely proof of date of birth (Xth Std certificate/mark sheet), prescribed educational qualification, caste certificate as applicable and signature to be uploaded without fail. In the absence of any single document, the
application shall be summarily rejected. Eligible candidates will be intimated by e-mail / sms for downloading
admit card for the written test.
3. Those applications which are incomplete/not uploaded with self- attested copies of certificates /not in line with the terms & conditions will be liable for rejection.
Check official notification here :